Chiefs Chris Jones - Wants 20m or wont play

GordyTheGoffer

3 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

Well, if one or two players suck up all or most of the money under the salary cap, there's less money for other quality players. If there are fewer quality players, the team doesn't win. If Chris Jones won't even pretend to care at all about winning, then I certainly wouldn't want him on a team that I root for.

You should take less money where you work so that your company can hire more good people.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

There’s one flaw in your scenario, I can’t “hold-out” and still keep my job.

He also doesn't get 6 months off.

It's not a perfect analogy, but saying Chris Jones should take less money at the absolute peak of his potential to make money is beyond moronic. The multi-billionaires who already capped he and his peers' earning potential don't deserve any breaks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

Well, if one or two players suck up all or most of the money under the salary cap, there's less money for other quality players. If there are fewer quality players, the team doesn't win. If Chris Jones won't even pretend to care at all about winning, then I certainly wouldn't want him on a team that I root for.

I think you'll find that a lot of players care about money first and foremost compared to winning games. And I certainly wouldn't blame them. 

Edited by PapaShogun

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

You should find a job where you can. The Chiefs may be looking for a DT. Can you do that? 

I see where you’re trying to go with that statement.

Question, what’s more difficult Chris Jones job or working at NASA? I mean Chris Jones gets paid more so his job must be harder right?!?

10 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

That’s good. Follows that up with 9... 1 year with double digit sacks. Arron Donald got paid after 5 years. 3 of those 5 years he had 10 plus sacks. ( 20.5 in one ) by the way, the other 2 years were 8 and 9. He deserved to get paid.....

Donald got paid just before the 2018 season. He had 39 sacks to Jones’ 33. 

The market’s changed in 2 years. Jones deserves his money.

Edited by Yin-Yang

7 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

If Chris Jones won't even pretend to care at all about winning

Wanting money = / = whatever it is you said. 

They’re not mutually exclusive, in the slightest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Question, what’s more difficult Chris Jones job or working at NASA? I mean Chris Jones gets paid more so his job must be harder right?!?

I was actually just cracking a joke about Jones holding out. 

Though if you're going to bring it up, the idea that the difficulty of your job determines what you are paid is a false equivalence 

57 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Stop it. Don't act like you'd even remotely consider taking a voluntary pay cut.

As someone who spends 30-40% of their day correcting errors of other employees, I would gladly split the difference between starting pay and my salary if it meant I could get back to working 40 hours a week.   Money doesn’t mean a thing If you’re killing yourself just to keep the team afloat.  

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Harder is subjective. Is it harder intellectually, no, assuming you mean a job in a science/tech role. Is it harder physically, yes. Emotionally, debatable. 

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Supply, demand.

Google says that NASA has 17,373 employees.

The NFL has 1,696 rostered players.

The average american is far more likely to be smart enough to be a NASA employee than athletic enough to be an NFL player.

Additional observation: If NASA was as selective as the NFL but kept the same payroll budget, the average salary would be 13M per employee.

• Like 3