NFL cancels preseason games updated 7/27

I understand doing it for this year but I hope it doesn't become permanent.  I think the coaches and players 45-90 need those games.  I know the coaches base a lot of their decisions on what they see in practice, but seeing how those guys implement what they are taught in an actual game has to be helpful as well.

15 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

I understand doing it for this year but I hope it doesn't become permanent.  I think the coaches and players 45-90 need those games.  I know the coaches base a lot of their decisions on what they see in practice, but seeing how those guys implement what they are taught in an actual game has to be helpful as well.

Next year they implement the 17 game regular season and this year the 7 team playoff format so it’s likely that next year preseason will be reduced to 3 games to account for that extra lost week 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Next year they implement the 17 game regular season and this year the 7 team playoff format so it’s likely that next year preseason will be reduced to 3 games to account for that extra lost week 

I hope you are not correct, but I am sure you are.

• 3 weeks later...