Redskins shareholders attempting to force name change

Matts4313

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Won't happen. Every few years this topic gets some noise (usually during the offseason), Snyder reiterates his stance, and people go back to not caring. 

Has some more noise to it this time. 

Never say never. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Won't happen. Every few years this topic gets some noise (usually during the offseason), Snyder reiterates his stance, and people go back to not caring. 

Theres never been $620B behind the movement. Thats like ~310x's what Dan is worth. Hell, they could probably buy the Skins team from him.

Also, should be noted that the term "redskin" has been banned from dozens of media outlets over the past couple months.

Someone creative could find a way to keep the 'Skins part (as thats what everyone calls them) but remove the indian and red part of it. 

Or if they want to keep the indian part, change their name to tomahawks, natives, Skin Scraper (its a tool), Buckskin, Tribes, etc

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

Actually just saw a great comment. They change their names to the "Pigskins" as their OL has historically been called "the hogs". Can still call themselves the 'Skins. Can change their logo to something that looks like a football or a pig. 

• Like 5

I was hard against the change because I believe political correctness can and often is applied to stupidly innocent situations but I now get the impression that people actually might be offended by it. I also get the impression that to move forward with the times the team name might need to change at some point. But in the end it becomes a question of how much of your identity, culture and history you are willing to give up for the political correct movement...

Edited by GordyTheGoffer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Actually just saw a great comment. They change their names to the "Pigskins" as their OL has historically been called "the hogs". Can still call themselves the 'Skins. Can change their logo to something that looks like a football or a pig. 

Hogskins. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

I was hard against the change because I believe political correctness can and often is applied to stupidly innocent situations but I now get the impression that people actually might be offended by it. I also get the impression that to move forward with the times the team name might need to change at some point. But in the end it becomes a question of how much of your identity, culture and history you are willing to give up for the political correct movement...

Unfortunately that’s the problem. The team decided to co opt another people’s identity/culture/history so they could market their team. Snyder really doesn’t have any hard claim to a team name based on a racial stereotype of the appearance of a race of people being part of his culture/identity 

Edited by lancerman
  • Like 2