What team goes WORST to FIRST in 2020?

VanS

WORST to FIRST in 2020  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which team that finished LAST in 2019 can win their division in 2020?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Los Angeles Chargers
    • Washington Redskins
    • Detroit Lions
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Arizona Cardinals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2020 at 12:00 AM

On 7/3/2020 at 10:48 AM, Outpost31 said:

Texans still have BOB.

Texans have had BOB since 2014... and still have no issues beating up on the entire division over the last six years.

That's half the problem - BOB is bad, but everyone else in the AFCS is worse. I had hopes for an Andrew Luck/Frank Reich tandem taking over, and I'm cautiously optimistic that Mike Vrabel and Derrick Henry could pull it off, but BOB is the King of the Hill until further notice.

I WANT him to lose the division, because then there's justification to fire him. But, as long as Jax/Tenn/Indy keep on their mediocre ways, I'm stuck.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I WANT him to lose the division, because then there's justification to fire him. But, as long as Jax/Tenn/Indy keep on their mediocre ways, I'm stuck.

Those 3 other teams at least made it to a AFC Championship the last decade. 

Texans haven’t done squat besides waste the prime of JJ Watt and they will waste Deshaun Watson’s prime as well until he requests a trade. The Texans are a treadmill team at best and they’ve given ZERO indication that’s going to change. Congrats on your few division titles, that’s all you’ll ever sniff as a franchise.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Texans have had BOB since 2014... and still have no issues beating up on the entire division over the last six years.

That's half the problem - BOB is bad, but everyone else in the AFCS is worse. I had hopes for an Andrew Luck/Frank Reich tandem taking over, and I'm cautiously optimistic that Mike Vrabel and Derrick Henry could pull it off, but BOB is the King of the Hill until further notice.

Yea the fact we cant beat BOB is pretty terrible. Its like the opposite of a resume builder for a HC. You couldn't beat who?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Those 3 other teams at least made it to a AFC Championship the last decade. 

I'm perfectly fine with admitting that, but they've also never beaten the Texans consistently in the regular season. 

That's a problem from my perspective.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Texans haven’t done squat besides waste the prime of JJ Watt and they will waste Deshaun Watson’s prime as well until he requests a trade. The Texans are a treadmill team at best and they’ve given ZERO indication that’s going to change. Congrats on your few division titles, that’s all you’ll ever sniff as a franchise.

Um... Weird flex, but ok. 

Enjoy another 10+ loss season. At this point, the incompetence is more impressive than randomly winning eight games. Carson Wentz could have done something about it, Watson could have done something about it, but... Well, Baker Mayfield will do a bunch of commercials. That's something.

But, that's Cleveland for you. 

• Like 1

Gotta laugh at some of the Redskins ones.  There isn't much talent on this roster right now, a new culture is needed in the worst way and worst of all, no team does better than 20th in total defense when they are switching defensive schemes like the Redskins are.  

It's going to be another season picking in the top five, but I'm OK with it.  We need to continue to stockpile talent, at least 2021 in the top five, and a likely top 10 pick in 2022.  

I don't love any of them to do it. 

I'd have them ranked 

1. Dolphins - Mostly because I'm really high on Tua and they finished the season really strong. I am easily picking the Bills to win the division, but if Tua starts early and hits the ground running being the type of QB I expect him to be they could win it. It's essentially a mix of being highest on their young QB, a division that doesn't have a single team you look at and say they are a lock to win 12ish games, and a HC I like that showed he could even keep a roster without a ton of talent competitive and fighting even after a god awful start to the season. 

2. Washington - This one is more having a ton of respect for their coach and a defense I think can be top 10 caliber in the NFL on the strength of good coaching and a front that has the potential to be downright dominant (was very high on Young like most, but also really loved Sweat last season and think he breaks out this season), mix that with a division that had the top 2 teams competing to win it at 8-9 wins last season and I see some potential. I like Burrow for the Bengals and just comparing talent (because I see a decent sized gap in the young QB department and overall offensive talent) I would have the Bengals ahead but their division has 2 teams I think are competing for 11+ wins and another team in the Browns I think win 8 or 9. That's just a rough division to try and win, especially when you were picking first overall the year before. 

3.  Lions - I guess? This would mostly be banking on Rodgers getting hurt, Minnesota struggling with youth and injuries in a mini rebuild year, and the Bears defense to totally fall off because of bad QB play. I had the Lions as a sleeper last season, and the first few weeks I liked that pick because regardless of record I saw some flashes, but their defense is just bad... I'm not super confident in Patricia, but I have always loved Stafford, their WR core, and I think Swift is a homerun for them to give them their first consistent backfield in a long time... I think ultimately they win 7ish games. I ultimately think they take a step, but their division is just rock solid in my eyes with 2 teams that I predict to make the playoffs in Green Bay and Minnesota. 

4. Bengals - Mainly for the reasons I mentioned with liking Burrow, and I think they have a good chance of having a very productive offense next season if Green can stay healthy. I like their overall talent more than Detroit and Washington, but I think their division is much tougher and thus can't predict them to win the division (I have Baltimore in the super bowl and Pittsburgh winning 10 games and making the playoffs). 

1 hour ago, Mr Raider said:

Lions - I guess?

Its been 37 years since the Lions won the division, it was called the NFC Central back then

Its really hard to pick one of these teams and make a compelling case
I went with the Chargers  - winning a 3 way tie atop the AFC West and Chargers ****** the division title on the 4th tie breaker
Does that seem likely ? not at all... none of these do.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'm perfectly fine with admitting that, but they've also never beaten the Texans consistently in the regular season. 

That's a problem from my perspective.

Yeah, the Jags I think would be my number one pick to go from last to last again.

They've been outclassed up and down the roster by the other teams in the division, and are in rebuild.  With more smart drafting, they could improve, but they're too reliant on a lot of inconsistent veterans without enough young stars to make up for it, and Ngakoue openly doesn't want to be there.  Like several other big names of the last few years.

They're in active rebuild, and all three other teams are at least competent: Colts have Rivers and a great Oline, Texans have Deshaun Watson behind a decent OL and some defensive players, and the Titans have a stout defense and Derrick Henry.  It's hard for me to imagine anything short of drastic injuries getting the Jags out of the gutter, for this season at least.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 9:54 AM, VanS said:

I see Joe Burrow as just another Andy Dalton.  But with that said, Andy Dalton did make it to the playoffs his first 5 years in the league largely thanks to a very talented roster assembled around him.  I think that will be the case for Joe Burrow in 2020.

The Bengals despite going 2-14 didn't have a depleted roster.  There are a lot of quality players on that team.  Joe Mixon, AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, William Jackson III, and Jessie Bates are all either stars or emerging stars.  And then you have a guy like Tee Higgins who they took in the 2nd round this year who I had ranked as the best WR in the 2020 draft class.

Outside of the QB position, the Bengals are a very talented team.

So because you see him as that... if Burrow tears it up it will be because of his supporting cast in your mind won’t it? 

15 hours ago, Counselor said:

So because you see him as that... if Burrow tears it up it will be because of his supporting cast in your mind won’t it? 

If he does it for a short period of time like Jared Goff from 2017-2018 then yes.  Many a mediocre QB have had short 1-2 year stretches of success.  True greatness is about sustained success.  Especially after you get paid that post-rookie contract and are counted on to carry the team.  

I never change my outlook on players based on short term success or failure.  In 2018 I watched everyone go crazy over Baker Mayfield's rookie year and I stuck to my guns about him not being as good a QB prospect as Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen.  One year later all the Mayfield hype has fizzled away.

Joe Burrow went to a great situation in Cincinnati.  He has a plethora of talent around him at the skill positions.  Joe Mixon is as talented as any RB in the NFL.  And the trio of AJ Green, Tee Higgins, and Tyler Boyd has a chance to be as good as any WR corp in the NFL.  If the o-line improves then they have a chance to be an explosive offense.  I could see Burrow having success early on like Mayfield in 2018 before teams catch onto him.  At the end of the day I believe he's a mediocre talent so ultimately he won't sustain the level of success he might attain for a short period of time at his peak.  

Arizona makes the most sense. 

AFC East- Dolphins have Fitz the year after he lights it up so he’ll suck, Tua won’t play and Rosen is likely done. Jets/Pats/Bills are also all better on paper. 

AFC North- Steelers are always a threat, Ravens will be worse but still better than Cincinnati and the Browns, who knows. 

AFC South- Colts and Texans should be be competitive(8+ wins) Jags could push through but I think they fall short of .500

AFC West- Patrick Mahomes

NFC East- Philly is going to be amazing, Dallas will hover around 8-8 as usual. Haskins isn’t good right now.

NFC North- Packers and Vikings are always a threat. Patricia isn’t a bad coach IMO but that team just doesn’t buy in enough to help him. If they did then I could see Detroit finishing ahead of Chicago. 

NFC South- Bucs and Saints are loaded and the Falcons are a year away from taking the inevitable step back. Panthers could finish 3rd but that’s it. 

NFC West- 49ers are good but Jimmy G is overrated, Rams are good too but Goff has to regain form, Seahawks are always a threat in the division but their home field advantage will be gone this year. Cardinals are on the way up and Murray has weapons galore.