What should be the new name of the Washington NFL team?

scar988

I get that there are some who think that they should keep their current name. However, due to corporate pressures, the right time for Washington to change their name is now.

I'm not going to get into the politics or anything like it on the subject and neither should you since it's against forum rules.

Just do a little thought exercise here, if you were Dan Snyder and had to change the name, would you still try to do something that would be similar to the current moniker and try to honor native Americans this time around or would you go in a completely different route? 

Edited by scar988

Just now, DawgX said:

Washington Warriors. Sounds cooler than Redskins anyway.

I'm ok with something like that. I honestly think the Washington Redtails has a nice ring to it and they could base the logo off a red-tailed Hawk.It's indigenous to the entire continental US and has large populations in the mid atlantic. Plus it just fits. 

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

I get that there are some who think that they should keep their current name. However, due to corporate pressures, the right time for Washington to change their name is now.

I'm not going to get into the politics or anything like it on the subject and neither should you since it's against forum rules.

Just do a little thought exercise here, if you were Dan Snyder and had to change the name, would you still try to do something that would be similar to the current moniker and try to honor native Americans this time around or would you go in a completely different route? 

You do realize this is an active conversation in the NFL news thread, right?

Anyways - I like pigskins or hogskins personally. 

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm so annoyed that a bunch of PC idiots are forcing a team to change its name. Dumb.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

You've already got one locked. If you can't jump into this discussion without veering in this direction, don't join the discussion.

• Like 13

last time a team changed its name without it being part of moving to a new city? I know the steelers used to be known as the Pirates for a few yrs all the way back in the 30s. A few NBA teams have done it recently. Bullets to Wizards, Bobcats to Hornets and Hornets to Pelicans.