What should be the new name of the Washington NFL team?

scar988

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just feel differently about it.  He played for the Redskins, not for whatever they decide the name should be.  He was a Redskin, not a ________ (insert potential new name here.) 

ANd that's me personally.  Others will feel different about it I'm sure. 

With all due respect, he played for the organization, not the name. I understand it's your own personal feeling, but perhaps further introspection will lead you to that revelation. 

• Like 1

It's an absurd name and I can't imagine caring if the Patriots changed their name. I like to imagine that the last four months would have lead others to the same thoughts about how insignificant sports actually are. 

Change is hard and uncomfortable but usually necessary. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

It's an absurd name and I can't imagine caring if the Patriots changed their name. I like to imagine that the last four months would have lead others to the same thoughts about how insignificant sports actually are. 

Sort of hard to say sports are insignificant while also grandstanding on how it needs to change. They’re insignificant or they’re not.  

• Like 1

Can’t say any suggestions really stick out as particularly great, but I’m not really creative in that sense. Paying homage to the Hog makes sense, but do the Hogskins/Pigskins - or equivalent - really sound like something to get behind? Meh. 

Side note: should change the color scheme while they’re at it. Take advantage of the timing.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Can’t say any suggestions really stick out as particularly great, but I’m not really creative in that sense. Paying homage to the Hog makes sense, but do the Hogskins/Pigskins - or equivalent - really sound like something to get behind? Meh. 

No worse than the Houston Texans, Cincinnati Bengals, Arizona Cardinals, etc. Most team names sound meh on their own

Just now, PapaShogun said:

What if Synder kept the logo though and called the team Redfeathers or whatever? Would people still be upset? 

The logo is of a Powhatan tribesman and they have the tribes blessing to use it. They even helped design it to get it correct.

So I can easily see certain Americans throwing a temper tantrum.

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Sort of hard to say sports are insignificant while also grandstanding on how it needs to change. They’re insignificant or they’re not.  

Not really. Clearly they're a significant part of our entertainment complex but as we've learned in the past four months, insignificant to actual people living their lives. 

4 minutes ago, Dodo said:

No worse than the Houston Texans, Cincinnati Bengals, Arizona Cardinals, etc. Most team names sound meh on their own

Yeah exactly, people like myself don’t deserve votes for that very reason. Pretty much a skeptic until it happens, then once one’s picked...not bad. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Not really. Clearly they're a significant part of our entertainment complex but as we've learned in the past four months, insignificant to actual people living their lives. 

As elected Speaker of the People, I guess I’ll have to take your word for it. Seems like they’re a pretty big part of a lot of people’s lives to me, but I guess if I disagree with you, I’ll be wrong like the other guy. Shrug. 

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

As elected Speaker of the People, I guess I’ll have to take your word for it. Seems like they’re a pretty big part of a lot of people’s lives to me, but I guess if I disagree with you, I’ll be wrong like the other guy. Shrug. 

Interesting, I haven't read about communities disappearing due to mass depression or heart failure without the NBA/NHL playoffs or baseball. But I guess I'll have to be the one to take your word for it rather than what we've actually seen in our society since the start of the pandemic. 

In the face of social unrest and global health crisis, lack of sports doesn't seem like such a burden. 

Edited by Troy Brown