If Washington changed the team name what should it be

Geno

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I know a lot have people have thrown it out as a joke from The Replacements.

But I don't mind Washington Sentinels.

It'd be unique name, Sentinel in a way would be a reference to the guard at the tomb of the Unnamed Soldier.
And we all know how much NFL teams love to invoke the military where they can.
Has a certain resonance with what the duty of military and federal government. 
Can have the Sens nickname, I assume the Senators were called that by some before they left to be the Rangers, IDK.
"Sens" sounds similar to "Skins"

That’s a Ron Rivera inspired name if I ever saw one given his connection to the armed forces 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I think I like Washington Warriors and the best, but I'm pretty sure Dan Snyder wants something he can trademark. With Warriors being so common (and a number of people filing trademarks trying to cash in), I think has made that harder.

His neighbor, and some have suggested maybe friend trademark Washington Bravehearts.

But I wondered what Washington fans might think of the "Washington Hogs" after their fame OL. Or "Washington Warthogs".

Of course, I can't see Dan Snyder going for that AT ALL, but I really like the idea.

So hard to tell, as Snyder's name history past, suggest when it comes to company names, he doesn't have a creative bone in his body. His children names don't sound creative, but they might be spelled creatively.

Also just throwing it out there ... since they said they might try to do something military. Washington Cannons or Washington Mavericks.

Military, Redtails

BTW @Beast, I think your comment about a name he can trademark is apropos. If the name is changed (and I were Snyder), I would go with something I could trademark and have exclusive to me. Going with other football team names or names of other sports teams is not gonna happen.

• Like 1

On another topic- if Snyder does agree to change the name, this is by far his most important decision he’s made so far as an owner, probably the biggest one he will ever make, and will define his legacy as the owner.  

Given his past with the team, do any of you have any confidence that he’s going to execute this well?  

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

On another topic- if Snyder does agree to change the name, this is by far his most important decision he’s made so far as an owner, probably the biggest one he will ever make, and will define his legacy as the owner.  

Given his past with the team, do any of you have any confidence that he’s going to execute this well?  

No, he hasn't done much well except bringing back Gibbs, his hiring of Marty - but then got rid of him too quickly, hiring Shanahan but it didn't work out. Maybe hiring Rivera, TBD. I guess the way the Foundation has been run is good as well, but I don't believe this will be handled well given his history.

• Like 1

Just thought, if they're changing Redskins, could they also change Washington?

• Washington Renegades.
  • DC Defenders.
  •  Washington Roughnecks.
  •  Washington Wildcats.
  • Washington Guardians.
  • DC Dragons
  • DC Battlehawks.
  • Washington Vipers.
  • D.C. Vipers.
  • Washington Empire
  • Washington Wranglers
  • DC Brigade
  • Washington Wings
  • DC Destroyers (might go well with their defense)
  • DC Desperados
  • DC Dynamite (worked for Jaguars wrestling promotion lol)
  • Washington Cavalry
  • Washington Rampage
  • Washington Commanders 
  • Washington Avengers
  • D.C. Avengers (comic books people would probably hate this lol)
  • Washington Mustangs
  • DC Predators
  • Washington Commandos
  • Washington Valor
  • Washington All Stars
  • DC All Stars

And yes, I just stole those from XFL and AFL.

My favorites of this list

• DC Dragons
  • Washington Empire
  • DC Destroyers
  • D.C. Avengers
  • Washington Warriors (from previously list)

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Nope, none at all. If fact, that's kinda why I've been thinking it would be best for the team if they don't change names until after a new owner gets their hands on it, as what in the NFL has Snyder done right?

Let someone else do the branding.

• Like 1