What went wrong for Baker Mayfield, and can he be fixed? A progress report on the Browns QB

buno67

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t want interceptions, but as long as he throws more TDs I can learn to live with it. There’s a thin line between Brett Favre and Jameis Winston.

I feel like interceptions can also be overrated though, depending on circumstances.  All picks aren’t the same.

A pick on first and goal from the 7 is a lot different than a pick on 3rd and 9 from your own 45 where you are attacking down the field and they intercept it inside the 20 and it’s not returned or returned all that far.

im not nearly as concerned with the number as I am the circumstances 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All picks aren’t the same.

They are in the sense that they = change of possession.

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

im not nearly as concerned with the number as I am the circumstances 

I am concerned with both.

As Candy said: "There’s a thin line between Brett Favre and Jameis Winston."

Mayfield has to learn not to attempt the throws he thinks he can make but cannot.

No hero ball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

They are in the sense that they = change of possession.

giphy.gif 

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I am concerned with both.

As Candy said: "There’s a thin line between Brett Favre and Jameis Winston."

Mayfield has to learn not to attempt the throws he thinks he can make but cannot.

No hero ball.

Oh cool, you’re here to argue semantics.  Have fun, I’m done.

If you doubted Baker, last year proved he sucked. 

If you liked him, last year was a blip on the radar due to freddie and the oline.

This year he gets a pass for the first 4 weeks after that we will know if we are going to keep him or look for another guy 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If you doubted Baker, last year proved he sucked. 

If you liked him, last year was a blip on the radar due to freddie and the oline.

This year he gets a pass for the first 4 weeks after that we will know if we are going to keep him or look for another guy 

I mean, with this year who knows what it will be or how much stock we can put into it.

If it even happens or is able to be completed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, with this year who knows what it will be or how much stock we can put into it.

If it even happens or is able to be completed.

There better be football. Wear ya damn mask you filthy animal.

• Like 1

I think that the NFL should be taking lessons from the AFL about "hubs".  Might have to shuffle the order in which games are played, and slide teams in and out of hubs as they play non-conference games.  Might have to, for example put Cleveland, Cincy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh in a hub, and play one another twice, before moving on to another hub. The AFL has had to adjust the schedule after the first round of games as a Covid spike in Victoria has warranted it.  Several Victoria clubs will be heading to hubs elsewhere.

Barwell is a fantastic writer. He's able to distill an entire narrative about a season that was so tough to watch as a fan into a brilliant article that captures just how frustrating last season was. Love the gifs highlighting our terrible playcalls that happened all too often. Felt the tone overall in the article was good in that it out called out  kitchens but also put a lot of blame on the players for not executing, I expect a huge improvement this year though because stafanski seems perfect for the offensive talent we have.

• Like 3