Fallout TV Series Being Developed by Amazon

BobbyPhil1781

This has potential but....What are they gonna do?

A Mandalorian style where they explore the wasteland?

A vault style show with the politics of the vault playing out?

A ****ty town trying to survive in the wastes?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

This has potential but....What are they gonna do?

A Mandalorian style where they explore the wasteland?

A vault style show with the politics of the vault playing out?

A ****ty town trying to survive in the wastes?

Exactly!! Wide open lol. They better get some damn good writers though. I need that wit and cynicism I get from the 4th game (only one I've played)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I feel like they'd be better off just making a post apocalyptic show without Fallout attached. 

I'm going to reserve judgment on that to see why they wanted to attach Fallout in the first place. I agree it's weird bc there's no real trademark thing for Fallout minus vaults but you can make those anything. Unless they really try to brand Nuka Cola lol

5 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm going to reserve judgment on that to see why they wanted to attach Fallout in the first place. I agree it's weird bc there's no real trademark thing for Fallout minus vaults but you can make those anything. Unless they really try to brand Nuka Cola lol

Hoping the name attracts viewers 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I feel like they'd be better off just making a post apocalyptic show without Fallout attached. 

Eh, the Lore and World is already built, so the creators really only have to fit stories within them. 

Will be interesting to see which avenue they go (Enclave, Brotherhood, NCR, Caesar Legion, Tribalism, Vault-Tec, The Institute) or create completely new things. Will Todd Howard on board, I'm guessing they lean towards Brotherhood vs Enclave East Coast stuff or create completely new stuff. Fallout traditionalist aren't going to be happy. 

My initial thoughts on a Fallout Themed show was an episodic show ala Black Mirror, where each episode follows complete new sets of characters and settings, but with a overarching narrative happening in the background (Something along the lines of FEV or GECK shenanigans). 

If I was a betting man, id wager on something like low concept, character driven serial (small group existing in the wastes, surviving like Walking Dead) without much connection to the video game cannon. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

Eh, the Lore and World is already built, so the creators really only have to fit stories within them. 

Will be interesting to see which avenue they go (Enclave, Brotherhood, NCR, Caesar Legion, Tribalism, Vault-Tec, The Institute) or create completely new things. Will Todd Howard on board, I'm guessing they lean towards Brotherhood vs Enclave East Coast stuff or create completely new stuff. Fallout traditionalist aren't going to be happy. 

My initial thoughts on a Fallout Themed show was an episodic show ala Black Mirror, where each episode follows complete new sets of characters and settings, but with a overarching narrative happening in the background (Something along the lines of FEV or GECK shenanigans). 

If I was a betting man, id wager on something like low concept, character driven serial (small group existing in the wastes, surviving like Walking Dead) without much connection to the video game cannon. 

Amazon has putting money into their shows so I'd expect something a little higher budget, but who knows they could cheap out given they have 17 billion in the LOTR TV show.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
17 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

they have 17 billion in the LOTR TV show.

I hear with that budget they have made live elves and live giant eagles through gene splicing technology. 

What would they even gene splice with real eagles to make them that big, your mom?

Edited by JBURGE
this is the worst post I've ever made

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I hear with that budget they have made live elves and live giant eagles through gene splicing technology. 

But no catgirls :(

7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

What would they even gene splice with real eagles to make them that big, your mom?

harpy-eagle-thumbnail.jpg

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

they should def start in the vault.

fallout 3 had the best beginning

Fallout new vegas would like to shoot you in the ehad. 

On 7/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, Malfatron said:

they should def start in the vault.

fallout 3 had the best beginning

I wish they'd do more remasters for PS4. I'd like to play another. 4 was excellent. I can't see how they wouldn't start this in a vault unless it's a similar starting to 4 so you can see the world before and after the nukes.

Edited by JTagg7754