No fans at Bills games during Covid

naptownskinsfan

51 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Now would be a great time to perfect the VR game streaming so we can watch the games like we are actually there.  

Watching games on television is vastly superior to watching them at the stadium. You are paying for the experience of being there, not for the view(s).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Watching games on television is vastly superior to watching them at the stadium. You are paying for the experience of being there, not for the view(s).

No doubt. Would still be incredible to choose a seat view at different parts of the stadium and watch. The court side stuff for NBA games is pretty wild, but I don’t think they’re live games. 

20 hours ago, candyman93 said:

TV revenue is going to be insane.

The NFL was extremely smart in their revenue model compared to the MLB and NBA who are really going to hurt without fans in attendance.

MLB has 10x the number of games vs the NFL.  The NBA 5x.  Of course their revenue models are different.  The per game viewing demand is vastly different.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, Outpost31 said:

If there's an NFL season and the NFL doesn't come up with a fair and affordable streaming option in light of COVD-19, I'm going to continue streaming them illegally like I have for a long time. 

You can stream games on GamePass right? No reason for them to not have a GamePass Lite where you don't have access to all of the saved games, just live. 

In Canada I use DAZN which has GamePass in. It's $150 (about $110 USD) for the entire year, and has the last 3 seasons of games plus all live games including playoffs. Not to mention all of the other sports on there that I don't care about. I am happy to pay that. The only omission for me that I would pay for is the All-22 footage, which is not on there. 

On 7/3/2020 at 10:24 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Now would be a great time to perfect the VR game streaming so we can watch the games like we are actually there.  

I dunno about you, but I legit hate watching things on our Quest. It's so uncomfortable, I can't imagine why anyone would choose that over even watching it on a phone

I'll be very surprised if we see any of the 32 teams welcoming fans into their stadiums come Week 1. 

Those who think this is overkill by New York are probably contributing to America dragging through this still at a snails pace. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics
  • Like 3

On 7/3/2020 at 6:31 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If they put a streaming package together for the season that was priced fairly I’d happily pay for it this season as opposed to looking for *alternative options* if having empty stadiums is what it’s going to take for games to be played.

Sunday Ticket prices are not what I consider reasonable though.

Call and complain it’s too expensive and they give it to You for free.... every single time.

or so I’ve heard 👀

Just now, pnies20 said:

Call and complain it’s too expensive and they give it to You for free.... every single time.

or so I’ve heard 👀

I tried and they didn’t...

Then I added up what I spent on DIrecTV for 7 years with the ticket and canceled the whole thing.

Dont miss it at all tbh,

55 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I tried and they didn’t...

DirecTV needed to keep subscriber numbers high until they were sold to AT&T
Now that AT&T is calling the shots, they don't negotiate as much as the previous owners.

I'll call and cancel, but talking to their customer service is like eating glass - painful at best and potentially a bloody mess

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

DirecTV needed to keep subscriber numbers high until they were sold to AT&T
Now that AT&T is calling the shots, they don't negotiate as much as the previous owners.

I'll call and cancel, but talking to their customer service is like eating glass - painful at best and potentially a bloody mess

And once you do cancel, they blow up your phone and inbox with offers.

I’d watch grass grow before I got directv again.

• Like 2