Lets Talk Real News (Njoku)

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah I doubt that is going to happen.  I wouldn't even give a first for Jamal Adams, and he is a much better player.  

The only reason I wouldn't for Adams is bc he and Collins play the same position although, we could move Collins to WLB if we traded for Collins. Getting Adams for our 1st would probably be better than almost every player we could get in the first round next year, save Lawrence.

For example, I don't the Steelers regret trading a 1st round pick for Mikah Fitzpatrick.

But, Njoku isn't in that category, I don't think the Browns get a 1st round pick.

Just now, turtle28 said:

The only reason I wouldn't for Adams is bc he and Collins play the same position although, we could move Collins to WLB if we traded for Collins. Getting Adams for our 1st would probably be better than almost every player we could get in the first round next year, save Lawrence.

For example, I don't the Steelers regret trading a 1st round pick for Mikah Fitzpatrick.

But, Njoku isn't in that category, I don't think the Browns get a 1st round pick.

Even if we didn't have Collins, I wouldn't give a first for Adams.  It just doesn't make sense to give up a first round draft pick AND then sign that player to a top of his position contract.  We already did that with Lavernaeous Coles.  Use the first round pick on a guy, and use the financial space to sign another guy.  

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Even if we didn't have Collins, I wouldn't give a first for Adams.  It just doesn't make sense to give up a first round draft pick AND then sign that player to a top of his position contract.  We already did that with Lavernaeous Coles.  Use the first round pick on a guy, and use the financial space to sign another guy.  

Good point, it's just Adams is one hell of safety and it's going to suck having to play him when he signs with the Cowboys. 

On 7/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I think that there are times where it's fine. But 100% has to be the right situation. Indianapolis doing that for Buckner, for example, makes sense. They give him a big deal that ostensibly only amounts to a 2 year deal (so no major long term ramifications), they get a huge upgrade at a position of need from one of the best in football, and they have gobs of cap space so the money spent this year and next was largely inconsequential. They are also all in to win now (obviously a situation that Washington is not currently in). So I don't think that on it's own that situation is inherently negative or bad...but yeah, definitely has to be the right scenario. 

52 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I can't believe you guys can talk football right now...

I can't...

I'm waiting to wake up some morning in the next couple weeks to find out that Njoku has been traded to the Washington Musketeers for a 3rd Rd draft pick.

yeah something about this isnt sitting well with me. It doesnt feel the same if it isnt the redskins

15 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Let’s trade Morgan Moses for him and put the Chicago pickup at right tackle and the let’s see who is better at LT- the Louisville or LSU kid 

The Browns signed Jack Conklin & drafted Jedrick Wills, they don’t need a new OT anymore.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I think that there are times where it's fine. But 100% has to be the right situation. Indianapolis doing that for Buckner, for example, makes sense. They give him a big deal that ostensibly only amounts to a 2 year deal (so no major long term ramifications), they get a huge upgrade at a position of need from one of the best in football, and they have gobs of cap space so the money spent this year and next was largely inconsequential. They are also all in to win now (obviously a situation that Washington is not currently in). So I don't think that on it's own that situation is inherently negative or bad...but yeah, definitely has to be the right scenario. 

Seeing that Adams is only 24 (25 in Oct), I don’t think the “win now” scenario really applies in acquiring him. He’s young and if they did trade for him and gave him a LTD, he’d still only be 29 when his next contract was up, saying they give him a 5 year contract.

I don’t think this trade idea is even on Washington’s radar. I think they love Collins and they have hopes that Sean Davis takes the next step in his development as a FS and he could be a long term answer for them there.

My point/idea has been - not sure if you’ve seen it - that if they did trade for Adams, they could move Landon Collins to WLB since he plays more like a WLB than a S anyway.

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I can't believe you guys can talk football right now...

I can't...

I'm waiting to wake up some morning in the next couple weeks to find out that Njoku has been traded to the Washington Musketeers for a 3rd Rd draft pick.

What is a name man? The name doesn't make the team. The team makes the name. It may suck in the short term, but at least 20 years down the road we won't hear how we were on the wrong side of history and still fighting the same fight over a name. Plenty of name options out there. Teams change names all the time. Just hang in there guys.