Browns TE David Njoku requests trade

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Isnt Higbee the same guy that punched a guy right before the draft and got arrested?

Yep! That's part of why he was so hyped; it was believed that both Higbee and Pharoh Cooper were steals at their slots. Cooper got an All-Pro nod before getting cut the next year, but Higbee was really just an above-average blocker over the past two seasons and didn't produce much as a receiver. But yeah, Higbee was an athletic TE that had big character concerns. Punching someone wasn't even the only blemish, according to reports. He didn't interview very well. 

Is it me or is the sport become a bit soft when it comes to competition over the past few years? I get the players who are Franchise Tagged or in their last year of their contract to hold out or demand a trade if that team isn't willing to extend them. Njoku wanting out cause they brought in Hooper? Really, you don't want to compete to show that you are better or at least be around the guy who was a nobody when he was drafted to learn how he got to be paid one of the highest TE in the league? There are benefits of competition to make yourself better.  Even in college the transfer portal kids jumping ship because they are afraid to compete against other kids. To me it just seems soft and a pathetic way to get out of the situation in hopes of being handed a starting role. Stiff competition builds character and its how you overcome it and better yourself to get that big pay day when your time has come. 

18 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, in Higbee's last 5 games, he had 48 receptions for 502 yards. Over Michael Thomas' last 5 games, he had 45 receptions for 483 yards. Over George Kittle's last 5 games, he had 33 receptions for 383 yards. Travis Kelce had 34 receptions for 396 yards over his last five games. Over DeAndre Hopkins' last five games, he had 29 receptions for 420 yards. Over Julio Jones's last 5 games, he had 40 receptions for 509 yards. Over Dallas Goedert's last 5 games, he had 27 receptions for 318 yards. 🍺

So, over his last 5 games, Rams TE Tyler Higbee outproduced:

Record-setting All-Pro WR Michael Thomas 

All-Pro WR DeAndre Hopkins

All-Pro TE Travis Kelce

All-Pro TE George Kittle

He had 8 more receptions than All-Pro WR Julio Jones, and only 7 less yards. Julio was the league's yardage leader over that span, BTW. 

So, uh... Lil' Baby Gronk has awakened, and he will to steal your defense's soul.

Shhh...Higbee is on my short list of late round fantasy tight end sleepers. I don't think people realized how good he was to end the season last year. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Shhh...Higbee is on my short list of late round fantasy tight end sleepers. I don't think people realized how good he was to end the season last year. 

I can honestly say I am one of those people. 

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Yep! That's part of why he was so hyped; it was believed that both Higbee and Pharoh Cooper were steals at their slots. Cooper got an All-Pro nod before getting cut the next year, but Higbee was really just an above-average blocker over the past two seasons and didn't produce much as a receiver. But yeah, Higbee was an athletic TE that had big character concerns. Punching someone wasn't even the only blemish, according to reports. He didn't interview very well. 

Yeah I remember it very clearly. There was also another detail about that incident I won’t mention because of the social climate of the US right now. Glad he turned  it around for you guys. Still don’t want him on my team though because of this incident but glad!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Josina Anderson says Chicago is interested 

Josina: “With all the draft capital and free agent signings used to attain depth, how many more tight ends could possibly fit on this roster?”

Pace: how many more u got 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Yeah I remember it very clearly. There was also another detail about that incident I won’t mention because of the social climate of the US right now. Glad he turned  it around for you guys. Still don’t want him on my team though because of this incident but glad!!

"You guys?" I'm a Cardinals fan lol. I don't like it when the Rams are good. I only USED to be a fan of the Rams. The Texans and Bills round out my top three, though. 

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I applaud them for just throwing everything they can at the wall for that position to see if anything will stick. 

I respect the approach after having *** ******* at the position for years. Hopefully the trade ends up being Jimmy Graham and every TE on the roster but Kmet for Njoku 

Just now, Tyty said:

I respect the approach after having *** ******* at the position for years. Hopefully the trade ends up being Jimmy Graham and every TE on the roster but Kmet for Njoku 

For some reason...and I'm not making this up....Jimmy freaking Graham has a no trade clause. Completely ludicrous. 

• Like 1