Covid-19 and it’s impact on the 2020 season

candyman93

17 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Good news:

All of the Chiefs and Texans players and coaches tested negative after the game. - per listening to 610 Sports KC

Bad news:

Source - Chiefs statement

I'm of the opinion that if the virus is under control within the community, then it's possible to do limited capacity. This will be a good test run (for lack of better words) to see if the safety measures put in place can minimize the spread of the virus. I haven't followed KC's safety precautions at all, but I'd venture a guess that any where that may densely pack people in a room (bathrooms) would be priority number one in regulating. Hopefully this doesn't lead to an outbreak. 

Edited by WizeGuy

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

I'm of the opinion that if the virus is under control within the community, then it's possible to do limited capacity. This will be a good test run (for lack of better words) to see if the safety measures put in place can minimize the spread of the virus. I haven't followed KC's safety precautions at all, but I'd venture a guess that any where that may densely pack people in a room (bathrooms) would be priority number one in regulating. Hopefully this doesn't lead to an outbreak. 

Pretty sure I saw that 1 person tested positive from that game in the crowd. All things considered just one person is a rousing success. 

• Like 1

so happy that this is working so far. I still think their could be teams that get hit by covid, but not so bad that it devastates them. I see this season being completed with all games being played. I just gotta wonder if we'll see more fans at the games later this season.

Edited by August4th

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Legit question for those of you in the medical field...

Are all players being monitored for heart inflammation or just those testing positive?  I'm asking because wearing a mask has caused my pulse ox levels to drop up to 8% during the school day when I have a mask on all day.  I ran pulse ox checks every hour while at school, before school, then ten minutes after I left with the mask off.  Normal (maskless) rate at 98%, but it drops steadily through the day to a low of 90%.  That's gotta be a rate where they'd put an oxygen mask on you in a hospital.  Then climbs to normal afterwards.

I ask about everyone being tested because I am wondering how much COVID itself is causing the inflammation vs the increased CO2 levels caused by designer masks (trapped by mask then breathed back in.  

I know there are several MDs on here, and was wondering if any would weigh in on the topic, even tho it push the site guidelines.  If there is a correlation, then every player should be closely monitored, positive tests or not.

These questions should go into this thread:

If you have any questions as to why please PM me

The NFL really messed up by not playing in a bubble. The NHL and NBA have already proven it works. The NFL is going to have to enforce it's own rules and it's not going to be pretty to see your team lose draft picks because head coaches aren't keeping their masks on (which is stupid anyways considering they're literally already being exposed to every single player on the field...)

22 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The NFL really messed up by not playing in a bubble. The NHL and NBA have already proven it works. The NFL is going to have to enforce it's own rules and it's not going to be pretty to see your team lose draft picks because head coaches aren't keeping their masks on (which is stupid anyways considering they're literally already being exposed to every single player on the field...)

Definitely in favor of harsh punishments for simple AF things that should not be hard to do. 

44 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The NFL really messed up by not playing in a bubble.

I don't think it's possible to put the NFL in a bubble. Roster + PS, coaching staff, training/medical staff, equipment managers - you're talking close to 200 people as essential gameday staff. Now, multiply that by 32 and you're looking at 6,400, just for the teams - you'll need ref teams our there, TV/camera teams, field staff, etc. 

The 2nd issue - what singular place has enough football fields to host 16 games a weekend? Disney worked because they had two massive buildings with four basketball courts each. Edmonton/Toronto had multiple venues within walking distance (plus, Canada is doing better with this pandemic).

Where is there a city with enough football fields within walking/short shuttle distance that could also support a community of 8,000+ people?

Bubbles were never an option for the NFL, even if you created several.

• Like 1