(poll) Will you be done with this site, if Washington changes their team name?

Will you officially or unofficially no longer be active on FF forums if Washington changes their team name?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will you officially or unofficially no longer be active on FF forums if Washington changes their team name?

• Yes (no doubt about it)
    • No (I can live with supporting this team under a different name)
    • Maybe (it will depend on what name is chosen)

Very curious how many Washington fans, will leave this site or no longer post here if they formally change their name.(notice I don't use current team name to avoid lock)

I think a poll, will truly be telling imo.

So think long & hard before voting.

I'll give you 3 options to choose from.

I've made the poll public, as I think this is very important.

Edited by aceinthehouse

No, I’ve had the same answer since I first learned about this issue when Thai told me about it 13 years ago and then I educated myself on the name. I’m fine with them changing the name, I have been since 07 or 08, whenever that was when I learned about it.

I root for DC sports, period. And I’ve had peace with the name changing for a very long time. The way I see it is that I’ll still root for the DC NFL team, just like I still rooted for the Wizards after they changed the name from the Bullets bc again, I root for DC sports, not mascots or team names.

• Like 1

Turtle, I wish I had your mindset.

But the team name, IS the history to me.

It was & always was the driving force of my loyalty & love of this team.

The coaches changed, the owners changed, the players changed, the uniforms changed.

But the one thing that never changed?

REDSKINS!

And now it's about to change.

I don't live DC, they could move to Alabama for all I care & been the Alabama Redskins. I would be fine....

They could name their Stadium, "Kleenex on sale" for all I cared. (Although I loved RFK)

All that could change & does.

But the loyalty I had was tied to a team that was the 6th oldest NFL product & the name was a signature of my fandom & love for their history.

Now, all I'll carry with me is old fond memories of yesterday.

I am going to lock this.  There have already been three threads that have been locked, on top of the threads that have been locked before.  

@Thaiphoon is actually planning on opening another thread tonight or tomorrow with some more defined rules and points for discussion.  I suggest following them when he does that so we don't have another thread locked.  

• Like 4

I've sat on this for much of the day.  

All of you know, we are in unprecedented times, and things have changed on the forum in some ways because of it.  We have a coronavirus thread in TAST which has some minor political discussions in it.  All of the mods who post in there are keeping it on track when it deviates.  Webby took the site offline a few weeks ago in support of black lives.  We can have a thread where we have discussion and follow the rules.  However, posting stupid stuff like "DC Snipers", bringing politics into the discussion as it relates to the procedure around this and with potential team names, is what causes us to have to close threads. 

Most of these posts did not come from people coming outside of the Redskins forum to talk the name change and troll us.  They came from the members who we see in here on a consistent to semi-consistent basis.  You guys know better, and it's disappointing that we had to close all three of those threads.  

We want to have this discussion.  Other forum moderators have asked us to have a topic for it.  But we need you guys to commit to following the rules, which you all know by now, and stick to it.  

• Like 3