2018 Draft Eligible LB Thread.

Tugboat

With his ability and instincts, I think he can play almost anywhere. Im not the greatest of scouts, but Ive never seen a guy diagnose a play and get to the ball carrier as fast as him. He's amazing. Georgia has had some great ILBs in the last 10-15 years, but he is easily the best imo. 

11 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

With his ability and instincts, I think he can play almost anywhere. Im not the greatest of scouts, but Ive never seen a guy diagnose a play and get to the ball carrier as fast as him. He's amazing. Georgia has had some great ILBs in the last 10-15 years, but he is easily the best imo. 

he reminds me of rennie curran a little. Smaller, but super quick/explosive.

On 9/29/2017 at 6:51 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Jefferson is a splash play linebacker. There's nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't be drafting him to be my thumping ILB that brings it on every down. He is not good at taking on blocks, which is death for ILB's. He's going to have to play SAM and cover TE's and be the occasional blitzer. I see him getting flattened by big interior lineman right now.

That description sounds like Alec Ogletree.

Dorian O'Daniel is a stud.  Can cover WRs and is very good against the run.  Will probably run a 4.5 at the combine.  Gets overlooked because he isn't an elite prospect like some of the other guys on Clemson's defense, but is probably the best college player on the team.  Undersized, but extremely athletic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's everyone got on Josh Allen, LB Kentucky?

According to Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com, “"Sources from multiple teams say that the Wildcats' Josh Allen could end up being a first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft as well."

Allen had a solid sophomore season, collecting 62 tackles and 7 sacks while playing in all 13 games. This season, he is currently sitting at 4th in the nation with 5.5 sacks in just 5 games to go with his 31 tackles.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What's everyone got on Josh Allen, LB Kentucky?

According to Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com, “"Sources from multiple teams say that the Wildcats' Josh Allen could end up being a first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft as well."

Allen had a solid sophomore season, collecting 62 tackles and 7 sacks while playing in all 13 games. This season, he is currently sitting at 4th in the nation with 5.5 sacks in just 5 games to go with his 31 tackles.

I would say there are 6 possibly 7 3/4 OLBs better then him at the moment depending on if the top juniors declare, so not sure he is a 1st round pick but could play his way into that and show out with his athletic ability.  Allen is a very good player, absolutely love his size and ability to get to the QB, a great 3/4 OLB or could play in a 4/3 as well.  That Kentucky team has a variety of  interesting linebacker prospects with Allen, Jordan Jones, Denzil Ware, young players in Jamin Davis and Jamar Watson, even Courtney Love is a decent inside linebacker prospect.  

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would say there are 6 possibly 7 3/4 OLBs better then him at the moment depending on if the top juniors declare, so not sure he is a 1st round pick but could play his way into that and show out with his athletic ability.  Allen is a very good player, absolutely love his size and ability to get to the QB, a great 3/4 OLB or could play in a 4/3 as well.  That Kentucky team has a variety of  interesting linebacker prospects with Allen, Jordan Jones, Denzil Ware, young players in Jamin Davis and Jamar Watson, even Courtney Love is a decent inside linebacker prospect.  

Thanks Oz. I could see us taking a flier on him. Bill likes big linebackers who can make plays. Is there a comparison? 

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Thanks Oz. I could see us taking a flier on him. Bill likes big linebackers who can make plays. Is there a comparison? 

At best Allen could be a poor man's Anthony Barr but I doubt that he has that kind of athletic ability, will see.   Not sure he is as explosive as Barr was either by any means.  Or could develop into a Willie Young type in a 3/4 defense.  Could see the Patriots taking a linebacker but not sure he would be the one, he might be better in a standard 3/4 defense, not sure he could play in a 4/3 OLB but will see.

Archived