22 members have voted

1. 1. 1960s vs 2000s

• Psycho (1)
    • 28 Days Later (8)
  2. 2. 1950s vs 1990s

• Silence of the Lambs (2)
    • Invasion of the Body Snatchers (7)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/2020 at 08:00 PM

Welcome to the Bracket Phase of the Football's Future Best Movie Ever Tournament! You can see the results and links for the nomination and polling for our entrants in the master thread:

The first bracket in this phase will be Horror. See the bracket bellow:

1960s Psycho (1)        
2000s 28 Days Later (8)        

1980s The Shining (3)        
1970s IT: Chapter 1 (6)        
    Horror  
1940s and earlier Nosferatu (4)        
1970s The Exorcist (5)        

1950s Invasion of the Body Snatchers (7)        
1990s Silence of the Lambs (2)        

Round 1 Part 1 voting starts now! FF only allows three questions at a time so first round voting will be 2 matchups at once, subsequent rounds will be all at once. Seeding is 1-8 and denoted in parentheses next to the title. Voting will end Tuesday, 7/7/2020 at 4pm. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

psycho and invasion of the body snatchers

giphy.gif

Still remember the first time I watched Invasion of the Bodysnatchers and the scene with the dog with the human face ****ed me up BAD.

One of the least congruous things I have ever seen in a horror movie.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

psycho and invasion of the body snatchers

giphy.gif

28 Days Later and Silence of the Lambs here.

Psycho is a classic and all, but it's not a horror movie I would choose to actually watch, right now.  Same with Body Snatchers.

The other two, however...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I might have missed it in the rules somewhere, but how did you come up with seeding? # of votes? Nominations?

It was in every poll thread lol

number of total votes during polling. If it went to tiebreaker I counted the original vote total not the tiebreak 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

It was in every poll thread lol

number of total votes during polling. If it went to tiebreaker I counted the original vote total not the tiebreak 

Something I probably ignored after the first time :P

A few projections, for Drama The Thing will be beat by Gladiator 1st round.  And oddly enough then it might beat To Kill a Mocking Bird 2nd round then goes up against Shawshank or The Godfather for the win.  Freaking sucks considering all the great movies not even nominated in that category but should get a solid winner

Wizard of Oz should be Lord of the Rings for the win there but doubt it happens for Fantasy.  

Mad Max Fury Road vs Jurassic Park for the final in Action/adventure possibly Jurassic Park should take it.

Casablanca vs Breakfast at Tiffany's for the final ideally but that probably will not happen for romance.  Still that is another joke of a category considering the #1 seed is not even a romance.

Thriller could be Jaws vs No Country for Old men for the win and Jaws should take it.  

Under Sci Fi A New Hope vs The Matrix ideally but not sure it will go like that, odd final but it is a different bracket.  

Comedy is a big who knows, Caddyshack vs The Big Lebowski even though I do not think The Big Lebowski should get that far but Roman Holiday is a suspect comedy at best, if anything it is more a romance, and In Burges, yeah not much comp to get to the final for The Big Lebowski.  

Honestly the only real quality bracket is horror.  Will be curious how it all goes, should be total domination by a lot of films considering some of the crap it is up against.