Bears fans, don't look (fun SI article - NFL "what-ifs")

notthatbluestuff

11 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

What if Arizona's Nate Poole didn't make the catch in Week 17 that knocked the Vikings out of the playoffs:

https://greengold4ever.podbean.com/e/what-if…-wednesday-what-if-the-2003-packers-hadnt-made-the-playoffs/

That was certainly a memorable moment....However, an even greater memory for me was when Lovie Smith allowed the Packers to sneak into the playoffs in 2010....The Bears had clinched the division, so Smith played conservative in the last regular season game against GB....The Packers lose and they're out of the playoffs...Instead they win and wind up as a wild card, and as they say "the rest is history".....

Btw....What ever happened to Lovie Smith?....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

On 7/7/2020 at 6:14 AM, MonserinNC said:

Im a Bears fan so ooofff haha

Mine is what if Drew Brees had gone to the Dolphins. Dolphins clearly had their choice of Brees and Culpepper as they were a decent franchise and the Saints were pretty much a Cleveland Browns type franchise before that. Really changed the course of those organizations really since I was a kid haha.

The Dolphins not only passed on Brees in 2006, but in 01 as well. GM Rick Spielman decided that Brees wasn't an upgrade to Jay Fiedler, so he passed on him.

Also, John Elway's father told the Broncos that they should take Brees, but he died a week before the 2001 draft, and they took the injury-plagued DB Willie Middlebrooks instead.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:16 PM, Deadpulse said:

I have always wondered if Brady didn't get the shot he did in 01 if he'd even sniff elite or even starter in the NFL. If any other team drafted him at any point he may have been a camp casualty, a perennial 'camp arm'. I truly wonder if he would have ever worked his way to earn his chance rather than being gifted it. 

Tom Brady without landing on the Pats is secretly the exact same QB as Josh Johnson (someone who has impressed both on film and in the locker room throughout most of his career, but never was dominant statistically in his limited playing time and never had the pedigree to be considered "the guy"). 

On 7/8/2020 at 6:17 AM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

What if Arizona's Nate Poole didn't make the catch in Week 17 that knocked the Vikings out of the playoffs:

https://greengold4ever.podbean.com/e/what-if…-wednesday-what-if-the-2003-packers-hadnt-made-the-playoffs/

I wouldn't have seen Anquan Boldin slam Poole like he was in an octagon... Seriously, Q just got his back and took him down for the rear naked choke...