WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Ok, let’s do a animals that start with W:

• First, my personal favorite bc it represents our owner well is the WEASELS!

Thats gotta be the #1 seed! 

• Warthogs (really this makes too much sense)

• Wallaby - like a kangaroo 🦘, would be attractive to the kidos.

• Walrus’s 

• Wasps 🐝 

• Water Buffalo 🐃 

• Water Dragon 🐉 
• Whales 🐳 

• White Rhinos 🦏 
• White Tigers

• Wild Boars 🐗 like a razorback 

• Wildcats 🐈 

• Wildebeests

• Wolverines 

• Wolves 🐺 

• Woodpeckers 

• Wolly Mammoths - Logo could look like the character in ice age  

• Woombats

Or, Wolfpack, Werewolves 

I soooo have thought about Washington Warthogs, but as you said, it makes too much sense and I can't see rich owners liking a Wart or a Hog lol, so I just couldn't do it.

I have thought about DC Dragons, but I think they're sticking with Washington.

Washington White Rhinos? I think they're trying to get away from the potential racist lines lol

If they pick wildcats, I'm just going to make fun of them, that's way more generic than Warriors.

Washington Wolfpack seems interesting to me, but think they'd go with Wolves maybe instead?

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

True about the Titans. I don’t know if Dan care’s about the team starring w/ an R or not either, but a team name starting w/ an R makes most sense I think. Our acronym from the team fight song is HTTR (Hail to the Redskins) so, that could easily be kept on Twitter and the R would just go for RedWolves, RedHawks, RedTails, Renegades etc.

True but HTTW seems like an easier switch than the name and mascot. 

Washington Rhinos 🦏 

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I soooo have thought about Washington Warthogs, but as you said, it makes too much sense and I can't see rich owners liking a Wart or a Hog lol, so I just couldn't do it.

Washington White Rhinos? I think they're trying to get away from the potential racist lines lol

If they pick wildcats, I'm just going to make fun of them, that's way more generic than Warriors.

Washington Wolfpack seems interesting to me, but think they'd go with Wolves maybe instead?

Out of that group the most likely I’d see is Wolves, Wolfpack or Werewolves.

To me the leaders in the clubhouse - at least on Twitter and in polls seem to be RedWolves & Warriors. People who want the Warriors though seem to want to keep the Native American imagery and they're in denial that it isn't going to happen and ignoring that it’s been reported already that the team isn't going to keep it.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

No to Wolfpack, imo. Although a cool name.

I don't want to be thinking how much i'd rather have Jim Valvano over Ron Rivera...lol

Werewolves rolls off the tongue for me. (Although no name will satisfy me, but just trying to help)

It's simple, but scary.

Nobody has it & would be unique.

The Logo could be scary cool.

It would also make Halloween Oct. 31st weekend games exciting.

Crowd wearing Werewolf masks...like everyone will probably be forced to wear anyways...lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beast said:

True but HTTW seems like an easier switch than the name and mascot. 

Washington Rhinos 🦏 

Im all for an animal so long as the animal was local. And plenty to chose from with Wolves, several snakes, Megalodon, Tyrannosaurus Rex. History is rich with animals to where you dont need to reach out for one like those stupid Auburn and Clemson teams.

• Like 2

I've got it, everyone!

Wolves & Coyotes are crossbreeding in the DC area known as Rock Creek Park. Here's an article on that.

https://gizmodo.com/coyotes-wolf-hybrids-have-invaded-washington-dc-1580951573

They are a hybrid species. They are given the name Coywolf. They are also sometimes known as Woyote.

The Washington Woyotes

https://images.app.goo.gl/yuSVwy3JMvcrhSTM9

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/see-it-dwayne-haskins-favor-these-washington-red-wolves-jerseys These things are perfect the font the logo is cool it could be improved but the uni’s and font and name and color I am in on this I really like this a lot let’s do this

I like the white ice prototype better from a few days ago with the curly burgundy R w/ white ice helmet, white ice jersey & bottoms w/ burgundy letters & outline on the numbers.

I could with this look, but it's my #2 or 3 seed.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I like the white ice prototype better from a few days ago with the curly burgundy R w/ white ice helmet, white ice jersey & bottoms w/ burgundy letters & outline on the numbers.

I could with this look, but it's my #2 or 3 seed.

That 2nd one I find better because it actually relates to the Red Wolves. The first Id like better if the moron that made it didnt use Grey Wolves in the photo.

32 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

That 2nd one I find better because it actually relates to the Red Wolves. The first Id like better if the moron that made it didnt use Grey Wolves in the photo.

That's fair but the design of the uni & the white helmet/decal on the helmet are better in the ice white version IMO. I also like the white on white look - always have - imagine burgundy or burgundy too, and the burgundy forearm sleeves w/ the white claw marks Terry has on is awesome too!