WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

55 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s not about that, it’s about how it represents the area. For example, Capitals represents this area bc it’s the nation’s capital. The Nationals represent the nation as well. Monuments would do the same, it would represent the city.

Yeah, I get it - still hate it ! The Mounts !

12 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

its gonna be washington groundhogs. you can go look on the trademark website. It was filed december 29th

If you look at the filing for the TM, there are specific items to be aware of. It is filed by Pro Football with the address of Redskins Park. 

None of the other addresses for any of these names are showing those particular items of interest. 

Also, the lawyer in charge was Jarrett. Again, no other TM's have been filed and approved as Pro Football and / or having the name Jarrett on their information. 

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Probaly someone trying to jump the name in hopes of making a buck. That dude that buys up everything ! A shot in the dark .

The attorney listed works for one of the biggest and oldest IP lawfirms in the country. Not likely someone trying make a buck. 

51 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Thank god because that looks absolutely idiotic. 

It does but it is in keeping with this franchise.

Groundhogs

Groundhog Day (the movie)

We just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and never really progressing.

So of course it will be Groundhogs.

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

Remarkably, this is what I’m hoping against hope for now. 

This is actually the best concept. It's a throwback to the "Hogs" and actually looks pretty cool.

I was, however, hoping for more of a predator (if animal) rather than prey.

As for the military names, they are equally bad. Admirals vs Commanders sounds like Arena Football (I think Commanders sounds better but both are really really bad).

This team, I swear. 

They can't do anything right.

The Cleveland Indians changed their name pretty darned quick and boom, now they are the Guardians (which I honestly would prefer over the names we have now as choices).

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is actually the best concept. It's a throwback to the "Hogs" and actually looks pretty cool.

I was, however, hoping for more of a predator (if animal) rather than prey.

As for the military names, they are equally bad. Admirals vs Commanders sounds like Arena Football (I think Commanders sounds better but both are really really bad).

This team, I swear. 

They can't do anything right.

The Cleveland Indians changed their name pretty darned quick and boom, now they are the Guardians (which I honestly would prefer over the names we have now as choices).

You had to know this dummy would mess it up. 

• Like 1