WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

The latest from Wright still says the new name will be a "tribute to the teams Heritage". Does that kill Admirals, Commanders, the Military names in General ?

The fact that Wright still works here is bad enough.  That he seems in charge of this should make us all nervous.  Maybe he will call us the Washington Porta Potties.

Just now, offbyone said:

The fact that Wright still works here is bad enough.  That he seems in charge of this should make us all nervous.  Maybe he will call us the Washington Porta Potties.

He's not in charge of anything.  He just regurgitates anything Snyder tells him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Wright just takes his paycheck. He’s only here because Snyder needed to save his ownership. Nothing against Wright as he seems like a great dude but he’s not picking this name and never was. Dan makes all these decisions. Wright is just the face of things for now. He’ll be gone in a year or two. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Wright just takes his paycheck. He’s only here because Snyder needed to save his ownership. Nothing against Wright as he seems like a great dude but he’s not picking this name and never was. Dan makes all these decisions. Wright is just the face of things for now. He’ll be gone in a year or two. 

I rather enjoyed them trotting out Doug Williams to gaze upon the new uniforms and helmets with pleasure and satisfaction. He was a short-term public face that they used for a while when they needed someone the fanbase didn’t already hate. Glad to see they were able to recycle him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I rather enjoyed them trotting out Doug Williams to gaze upon the new uniforms and helmets with pleasure and satisfaction. He was a short-term public face that they used for a while when they needed someone the fanbase didn’t already hate. Glad to see they were able to recycle him.

Yep. I thought that was hilarious. Snyder has used poor Doug so much that it’s sad. Williams truly loves this franchise and Dan is just taking advantage of him. 

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yep. I thought that was hilarious. Snyder has used poor Doug so much that it’s sad. Williams truly loves this franchise and Dan is just taking advantage of him. 

Take advantage all you want - I just keep cashing them checks !

• Like 1

We wouldn’t have any of these leaking issues if this team actually did things the right way and didn’t need to rely on “in case of emergency, break glass” deflections.  Snyder always has them, but with the team name and Sean Taylor, he is running out of them.  

Look, that railing collapses the section over from me.  I sit in 114 right above the visitor tunnel.  One of the handrails has been leaning all year in my section, and wobbles back and forth, and it hasn’t been fixed.  The pipe that burst, all of the toilets, urinals and hand sinks overflowing that haven’t been fixed…….this is all on Snyder and a lack of care and upkeep.  

Additionally, the usher in my section always has the same problem at halftime and the end of the game where the fans rush in to try and get close to the players for gloves, towels, etc.  The team KNOWS this is a problem every game, and never has enough of a security or staff presence to deter it.  And now a railing finally broke.  

The same way we operate the business is how we operate the football team, and that is why I know things will never change.  It is no surprise that it took them over a week to have enough season-ticket holders register for the free jersey, and that was for only 500 accounts.  I sold my parking pass for $100 on Sunday but took a loss on my tickets, which didn’t sell, on the visitor’s side right by the tunnel.  That should tell you everything.  I’m not decided on re-upping my tickets now. I am disgusted at how poorly this team played, and disgusted at how we are still completely inept at running a billion dollar organization.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Looks like the helmet has a matte finish which I like as opposed to glossy. Uniforms looks ok, too much burgundy. 

We almost were gonna do something smart. They finally Matte the helmet. Then they say you know what would be lit🧐🧐🧐 bring back the stripe 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I wish someone would take advantage of me and pay me millions! 😂