WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

9 hours ago, Troublez said:

Admirals is the dumbest name I've ever heard. Godddddd - all this ******* had to do was leave it WFT or change to Red Wolves.

Washington Football Team still makes us the laughing stock of the sports world for being the most unoriginal name in American football history. Everyone loathes looking on any newspaper, app or webpage and seeing Football team vs. Cowboys, Eales or Giants. It’s just unoriginal LT awful.

They won’t do Red Wolves, it’s trademarked, too many legal traps.

Admirals is the highest rank in the Navy, we are a half hour to an hour from the naval academy. It fits this area & the military theme.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They won’t do Red Wolves, it’s trademarked, too many legal traps.

This is a cop out. They didn't want to use it, it was the overwhelming fan choice, so they came up with an excuse to mitigate backlash when it won't be Red Wolves. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This is a cop out. They didn't want to use it, it was the overwhelming fan choice, so they came up with an excuse to mitigate backlash when it won't be Red Wolves. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe

I think so. Money talks, and Snyder won't give it up. 

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think so. Money talks, and Snyder won't give it up. 

Snyder is a fool - he should have honestly just sold the team and gave naming rights to buyer. Would have cleaned up.... this cements it for me.... NFL is not booting Snyder out (EVER). He knows to much. 

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'd rather have a gold curly W than a stenciled W which looks like my grandma used to do! 😂 

Why a gold curly W to rip from the Nats? 

If the name is going to be Armada - the Anchor looking W is about the dumbest thing ever. DUMBEST. THING. EVER. 

The problem with the Admirals is that its way to far from our heritage. Very dumb - this is the dumbest thing Snyder has ever done. And that's up there..... fan attendance EVERYTHING is going to plummet. This team has not gained many fans from 2000+, and us old morons are the only ones holding on. Now with a complete 360 on team name? Pfttttt.....

My god.... he had so many options that would have been good. We are an embarrassment. The fact that they didn't listen to ANY of the fanbase YET again is too much and very foretelling that the status quo will continue.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, I think Admirals is better than Redwolves or WFT. 

Not sure how much I believe, but Admirals was not on the list that was put out, by the team. 

I cannot imagine Dan Snyder being as stupid enough to NOT have a litigation team on retainer. Which makes me believe that they didn't want the Redwolves all along. I mean, the polls were available for the brass to see, and certainly craft potential scenarios as to why the fan favorite was NOT viable. 

Speculation is going to run rampant for the next 26 days.