WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I don't like it since it's going to be all military- and NO, I don't have anything against the military . Just don't think it's good as a sports mascot .

I don't need to be reminded of hostilities and guns and dying and wars when I want to watch a football game. 

Agreed

53 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

These are my favorite mock ups for Warriors

Potential New Names for the Washington Redskins | Bleacher Report ...

Simple, nondescript, with only a few stars to denote military theme 

I like that.  Kind of super hero vibe.   Although to Red needs to be more Burgundy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Agreed

I like that.  Kind of super hero vibe.   Although to Red needs to be more Burgundy.

I can get down wit it but I still like a plain curly white or gold W the best. Look, It works for the Nats.

Edited by turtle28

18 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm praying it's a name I can support. Been a Skins fan all my life & living in Missouri.

I'm hoping the name isn't lame like all the other Washington sports teams out there & from our past. (Like Nationals, Senators, Bullets, Capitals, Wizzards, etc)

Sadly, the coolest Washington D.C. sports team name besides Redskins?

Was the XFL team D.C. Defenders. And now, they're gone...

All the others suck...sorry guys... they just do.

So I'm hoping for... Bravehearts (#1 choice Nastalgic + Unique), Braves (Nastalgic, but unfortunately lame)

I'll settle.... for Warriors (somewhat Nastalgic), Redwolves (unique)

I'm outta here...if it's Redtails, Monuments or..you know...any other lame Washington D.C. team name you guys usually root for.

Both names are a joke waiting to happen....

"Boy...They gonna have some Redtails after this beat down by Dallas today, Charles"

"These Monuments sure are pushovers today, Chuck"

Bravehearts is excellent, imo.

Would it be a problem if they call the team the Redtails and use the actual Redtail hawk as the logo?  This way you can keep the colors.

6 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Would it be a problem if they call the team the Redtails and use the actual Redtail hawk as the logo?  This way you can keep the colors.

That would be cool, but I think that Warriors is basically a done deal as Mknight was saying, and honestly most fans have felt if their name ever changed it would be Warriors and it made most sense. Of course most of us thought we would keep the Native American imagery 6, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years ago if the name ever changed, but we aren’t. Which, it’s probably the smart move bc that could open the mascot or logo up for more controversy.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm sorry. That just looks terrible. Again, it just screams generic Madden team I created myself

Really? I like it. I like the curly R (you know how I am about curly lettering on logos) and it has stripes that would be on a fighter plane, especially one during WWII or the Korean War. I also like the #s on the helmets. That takes it back to that WWII/KOREAN War era too bc that long ago many of the helmets had numbers on them, not a logo.