WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ravens also starts with an R! 

Nope, I refuse to ever root for a team that propped up Ray Lewis like they have.  

Like I said, I will still watch the NFL, but I just won't be rooting for a team.  I have ownership stock in the Packers, so maybe them, but it will take a while.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think Snyder has mentioned he wants the team to honor American Indians/Native Americans with any new name that might come up.

Well he can't honor them both.  

Personally I don't want to use the name to align|honor|politicize|ally with group but the redskins football team.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I posted this in one of the locked threads, and despite having a weekend to think about it, my stance hasn't changed.  

I was that way at first. But now Im kinda opposite. We suck during the season. Then spend the offseason defending the name near every year. Im tired of it.

Like dealing with my kids. Asking for something 500 times till Im, "Just freakin take it." Which gets them quiet and scampering off happy and while Im left thankful for the peace.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Nope, I refuse to ever root for a team that propped up Ray Lewis like they have.  

Like I said, I will still watch the NFL, but I just won't be rooting for a team.  I have ownership stock in the Packers, so maybe them, but it will take a while.  

I hear you about Ray, I feel the same way. 

Well if it happens and we lose you in this forum it will suck. You’ve been a great addition to the forum and you’ve been a great mod. You had big shoes to fill with Woz taking a step back - who I think was a mod in here for almost 15 years - and you’ve done a great job.

Edited by turtle28

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I posted this in one of the locked threads, and despite having a weekend to think about it, my stance hasn't changed.  

Pretty exciting news I’ll be offered a mod position, will need to start thinking if I’d accept :/

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Is it really so important to start with an R?  If we like wolves, then be the washington wolves.  

It will be two syllables. That way the fight song (which is part of branding) can be edited easily. 

This blog post by Peter Haley @ NBCSports Washington sums up exactly how I feel about changing the Redskins name and how I’ve felt for a decade about it.

A letter to Redskins fans who say they'll abandon the team if the name is changed

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/letter-redskins-fans-who-say-theyll-abandon-team-if-name-changed‬