WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I haven't bought much from them in the past decade to be honest.  I got a Norman jersey when the Nike ones came out, as my Reebok ones were fast becoming obsolete.  I got a custom one made for my uncle, but that was it.  I got some season ticket holder stuff but that's it.  The tickets are the only thing left for me, and as I've detailed, I have a lot of positive memories and with a move to DC or VA I probably am not renewing at that point due to the travel distance, so I was hoping to get in as many seasons as I could until that time.  I don't think I can even do the tickets anymore.  

Yeah, me personally I have no desire to spend money on tickets for this franchise. I’ve only gone for work events or when they were given to me. I’ve felt that way before any of this bc of the dysfunction and below average product on the field for all but 5 of Dan’s 20 years as an owner.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

True, but Dan allowed it to happen. Dan hasn’t and may never get to find his sweet spot as an owner. His first 10 years he was too hands on, this decade it seems that except for the McNabb, RG3 and Haskins acquisitions that he’s been too handsoff especially regarding the culture that Bruce developed. 

Exactly. This all happened under Dan. But Dan comes off looking like a guy that owns a team just so he can walk into any billionaire yacht club and say he does. Such as he liked something, so bought it, walks around touting he owns it. Then leaves it for others to take care of. And he managed to stick it in the worst hands possible to take care of it for him. If he selected anyone else to frontman this team. We wouldnt be here now discussing it. His crime in this is total absolute neglect. And all that happened falls under that neglect, not his doing. Thats on Bruce.

11 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Exactly. This all happened under Dan. But Dan comes off looking like a guy that owns a team just so he can walk into any billionaire yacht club and say he does. Such as he liked something, so bought it, walks around touting he owns it. Then leaves it for others to take care of. And he managed to stick it in the worst hands possible to take care of it for him. If he selected anyone else to frontman this team. We wouldnt be here now discussing it. His crime in this is total absolute neglect. And all that happened falls under that neglect, not his doing. Thats on Bruce.

Dan is the owner, it falls on him. Dan employed Larry Michael for nearly 20 years, Santos for 14 years and Bruce for 10 years. It’s all on him, he assumes the responsibility.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Dan is the owner, it falls on him.

If you hired me to housesit for you while you went on a trip. Then you came back and your dog had starved to death because I didnt feed him. That your fault or mine?

Its your fault for hiring me, just like its Dans fault for his neglect. But its on me he perished, just like the goings on there was on Bruce.

A woman cried daily 20 feet from Bruces office. And he did nothing. How is Dan to know just like how are you to know I wasnt feeding your dog?

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If you hired me to housesit for you while you went on a trip. Then you came back and your dog had starved to death because I didnt feed him. That your fault or mine?

Its your fault for hiring me, just like its Dans fault for his neglect. But its on me he perished, just like the goings on there was on Bruce.

A woman cried daily 20 feet from Bruces office. And he did nothing. How is Dan to know just like how are you to know I wasnt feeding your dog?

It’s different Dan employed them for decades, not for a week. Dan employed Larry Michael for nearly 20 years and ignored the claims or wasn’t doing enough investigation to know about it, he’s responsible. Dan employed Santos for 14 years and Bruce for 10. He’s responsible for the culture, it’s his franchise.

Edited by turtle28

44 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

when I came back and saw my dog was dead, I wouldn't keep having you house sit. Therein lies the MASSIVE difference. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

when I came back and saw my dog was dead, I wouldn't keep having you house sit. Therein lies the MASSIVE difference. 

But it was a long trip. And the dog was dead by day 3. How could you have left me in charge all that time after the occurrence? Arnt you worried about your plants? Your cat? Your goldfish? Im still in charge, their safety is on the line here. You would have to come back to see for yourself whats been/being done.

Sounds like all kinds of things were running rampant under Snyders neglect for ages. When things started coming to light. He formed an HR Dept, and people started vanishing. Im guessing as proof reared its head. The cheerleader thing seems to have shook him enough to get the ball rolling on all this other. That was 2018. HR Dept started in 2019 and then guys have been let go left and right ever since.

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But it was a long trip. And the dog was dead by day 3. How could you have left me in charge all that time after the occurrence? Arnt you worried about your plants? Your cat? Your goldfish? Im still in charge, their safety is on the line here. You would have to come back to see for yourself whats been/being done.

Sounds like all kinds of things were running rampant under Snyders neglect for ages. When things started coming to light. He formed an HR Dept, and people started vanishing. Im guessing as proof reared its head. The cheerleader thing seems to have shook him enough to get the ball rolling on all this other. That was 2018. HR Dept started in 2019 and then guys have been let go left and right ever since.

dude your analogy does not work. Snyder isnt on some long trip. He attends games. He's been there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

RedWolves baby! Let's feast!! Ioannidis put this up on Instagram w/ 4 Wolf emojis!!

Seeing players get excited about Redwolves branding is real feel good stuff, if anyone's endorsement should count it's theirs. It would be a real slap in the face if they decided to go with something else now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

False analogy.

If I hired you to housesit a bunch of dogs and you were one of my employees. And you harassed another employee and I, with my $$, swept it under the rug? Yeah. I'm sharing blame there

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Came in here to read about THE NAME CHANGE . Thought I was in the thread on the WaPo article . I hate when that happens  ! 

True...

I forget which one I'm in.

SO EVERYONE - please keep these WaPo article comments to the OTHER BOMBSHELL thread, mmkay?

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

God forbid something major from UGA comes out...

Full confessional since I signed no NDA.

Been there. Squeezed on some Georgia peaches. Even bought the hat of a Georgia icon to commemorate the trip. Which I still wear when needed.

s_5b5619e142aa76916a83e836.jpg

• Like 2