WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This is the name I want, if we can't be the Redskins.

Bravehearts!

It's perfect, imo.

1)The movie was badass. (Mel Gibson)

2)Brave is in the name, which is Nastalgic because of 1932 pre-redskins.

3)We could keep our song.

4)Although the name Bravehearts is not mutually exclusive to Redskins or any other NA theme? You can still pass it off, as a name for an Indian no matter the specific tribe he were in. Yet, you can't accuse one for using it as offensive. It's very similar to "Warriors" in that aspect.

5)We can easily keep our Colors of B&G.

6)There could be some cool designs for that name.

7)What better wording, for what it takes to win a championship!

Being Brave

&

Having ❤️

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

This is the name I want, if we can't be the Redskins.

Bravehearts!

It's perfect, imo.

1)The movie was badass. (Mel Gibson)

2)Brave is in the name, which is Nastalgic because of 1932 pre-redskins.

3)We could keep our song.

4)Although the name Bravehearts is not mutually exclusive to Redskins or any other NA theme? You can still pass it off, as a name for an Indian no matter the specific tribe he were in. Yet, you can't accuse one for using it as offensive. It's very similar to "Warriors" in that aspect.

5)We can easily keep our Colors of B&G.

6)There could be some cool designs for that name.

7)What better wording, for what it takes to win a championship!

Being Brave

&

Having ❤️

I'm almost 100% sure that Bravehearts isn't going to be the name, so don't get your hopes up too much.

49 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm almost 100% sure that Bravehearts isn't going to be the name, so don't get your hopes up too much.

William Wallace being eviscerated at the end .. I'd have that image in my head - NO THANKS !!!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Love it . It's the only name  ( so far ) I can't really get behind . !

I still like Admirals as Parrothead and I were discussing a few pages ago bc it represents a military branch that's close to Washington, DC in the Naval Academy but, I don't think it's going to be Admirals. I think it's going to be RedWolves and Warriors.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I still like Admirals as Parrothead and I were discussing a few pages ago bc it represents a military branch that's close to Washington, DC in the Naval Academy but, I don't think it's going to be Admirals. I think it's going to be RedWolves and Warriors.

I'd be OK with Warriors --if we could keep the Native American theme.. but -don't think that's on the table .

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

I'd be OK with Warriors --if we could keep the Native American theme.. but -don't think that's on the table .

We can be Warriors w/o it being a Native American theme. The Golden State Warriors don't have a Native American theme.

It can be a military theme and be Warriors.

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We can be Warriors w/o it being a Native American theme. The Golden State Warriors don't have a Native American theme.

It can be a military theme and be Warriors.

That's my point - I don't like going with the Military theme . just me . Same for RedTails