WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

19 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As a big Assassin's Creed fan, get those Templar emblems out of my face lol 

For the Knights and troops that came out the Burgundy region. Youd just twist those templar crosses a few degrees to form an "X" if that makes you feel better.

1110487-14904-58-pristine.jpg

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette’s George Stoia reported Tuesday that Arkansas State University, which has held the trademark for “Red Wolves” since 2008, hasn’t been contacted by the NFL team regarding the name. According to one legal professional, that would likely have to happen before Washington could move forward with its rebrand.

“I'd be hard pressed to think that the Washington NFL team, with all of its lawyers of experience, would just move forward with Red Wolves without at least venturing to reach out to Arkansas State and try to reach a co-existence agreement,” University of Florida sports law professor Darren Heitner told Stoia.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/report-washington-football-team-hasnt-contacted-arkansas-state-about-red-wolves

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

“I'd be hard pressed to think that the Washington NFL team, with all of its lawyers of experience, would just move forward with Red Wolves without at least venturing to reach out to Arkansas State and try to reach a co-existence agreement,” University of Florida sports law professor Darren Heitner told Stoia.

Not sure I would be so hard pressed. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Keim thinks the name change could be this week. Says it likely would have been out by now if not for the Post report. Since Rookies report next Tuesday his guess is it will be ready for their new contracts.

They have to have something for the season, even if it’s just a placeholder logo.  But even then, how many people do you think buy the generic jerseys?  

I honestly think this goes into the season with Snyder trying to sell off the last remaining “Redskins” branded gear and hope that diehards gobble it up.  

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They have to have something for the season, even if it’s just a placeholder logo.  But even then, how many people do you think buy the generic jerseys?  

I honestly think this goes into the season with Snyder trying to sell off the last remaining “Redskins” branded gear and hope that diehards gobble it up.  

I still think that's the "R" logo for now. Easy to just use until something more formal. Of course, that's me also assuming it's an "R" name. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, they’re already pushing the last remaining Redskins gear. I get their annoying emails everyday.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Could 'Sentinels' be Washington's new nickname? Would fans be happy with it?

https://sports.yahoo.com/could-sentinels-be-washingtons-new-nickname-would-fans-be-happy-with-it-141015163.html

Sentinels is the hot name of the day. 

I didn't click this article, but there's a good reddit post out there about someone connecting the dots on DCSentinels.com being registered by a similar entity to Redskins.com

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I didn't click this article, but there's a good reddit post out there about someone connecting the dots on DCSentinels.com being registered by a similar entity to Redskins.com

I saw that. And did a quick look at registered .coms. The amount of Washington team names gobbled up just on 7-15 is insane. Every name Red, Washington, Wolves and such has gone with a fury the past couple months.

https://www.cubdomain.com/domains-registered-by-date/2020-07-15/22