WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I mean the masses have pretty much spoken over the last month. If they don't rename the team RedWolves, I think think a certain segment of the fanbase will be upset. Namely, the millennials & younger who seem to want RedWolves the most.

I wouldn't call <500 people the masses.  Although, maybe that is the extent of our fan base these days :)

• Like 1

Small ( very small I guess ) point .   Red Wolves is two words. 

Does it matter - probably not . Well, maybe it does . If we make it ONE word, maybe we don't worry about the Ark St Red Wolves.

Edited by RSkinGM

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

well then, how about this?

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:
I mean the masses have pretty much spoken over the last month. If they don't rename the team RedWolves, I think think a certain segment of the fanbase will be upset. Namely, the millennials & younger who seem to want RedWolves the most.

I stand corrected. 

I still am not into the whole "red" obsession when our colors aren't red.

3 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I stand corrected. 

I still am not into the whole "red" obsession when our colors aren't red.

I think it'll be great to at least hold onto part of the old name that's been the name for like 87 years . Nostalgia  !

• Like 2

Retired all of my "R" gear this weekend.  Put a bunch of shirts, jerseys, etc in a box and stuck it in the basement.  Don't really know what to do with it.  Feels weird to throw it away when there are people who need clothing, but it also doesn't feel right donating the gear to Goodwill considering its nature.  

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Retired all of my "R" gear this weekend.  Put a bunch of shirts, jerseys, etc in a box and stuck it in the basement.  Don't really know what to do with it.  Feels weird to throw it away when there are people who need clothing, but it also doesn't feel right donating the gear to Goodwill considering its nature.  

I don't have much left. Most jerseys were already donated a long time ago. I'll probably do the same EXCEPT I will keep my Sean Taylor out. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't have much left. Most jerseys were already donated a long time ago. I'll probably do the same EXCEPT I will keep my Sean Taylor out. 

Do the jersey's even say the old name?  I haven't looked at one closely in awhile.  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Do the jersey's even say the old name?  I haven't looked at one closely in awhile.  

Trying to remember, but I think my RG3 one has the name across the front. If not, I only have 3 left anyway - his, Portis, and Taylor. 

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes, my two Nike jerseys say it above the number in the front.  

I will still be wearing my custom jersey unless they tell me I can't wear it into the game. 

I have an expensive 10x10 canopy tent for tailgating which is going to be another kettle of fish.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Couldn't you modify the tent to cover the name?

https://fanshoptoday.com/products/redskins-nfl-10x10-coleman-tent?variant=40389528195&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2018-11-24&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjO7ogdXt6gIVSZyzCh19Qg8XEAQYAiABEgKf4vD_BwE

I welcome your thoughts on how to do it.  Im not sure if I will last another season so I will not get a new one unless I'm invested.