WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

52 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Retired all of my "R" gear this weekend.  Put a bunch of shirts, jerseys, etc in a box and stuck it in the basement.  Don't really know what to do with it.  Feels weird to throw it away when there are people who need clothing, but it also doesn't feel right donating the gear to Goodwill considering its nature.  

I send stuff to friends in Venezuela all the time. Many down there could use some clothes. And cant read what it says anyway. So...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This would be awful

"If everybody in the market loves the name and adopts it and that's what the majority of the people want to have, I could see a scenario.” - Bateman

I dont see that scenario remotely happening.

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

I would support that.  I dig the simple approach.  I don't need an animal or some crap like that to cheer for.

I like it too. Being outta South America and use to it.

Like if I was the Valencia FC. New team with no name. The fans would do as were seeing now and been done that way for 100+ years in some clubs cases. Different names would be debated between fans, different logos and routines. Oh were the Cayman, were the Pumas, were the Red Wolves. Then when the best ideas start pouring out for one, like calling fans "The Wolfpack" with howling and such. The name would stick and its who you are. Then a team can just create and trademark an official logo to fit if they wanted for merchandising purposes. While Valencia FC remains the official name, wed still be the Red Wolves.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

Saw this when looking up the things for Nap earlier.  Other teams can go for flashy, "color rush", neon tones or whatever. But I like this kind of gritty, "Im not here to look pretty, Im here for a fight" attitude this old school style brings. If it is like this, I hope it stays for good.

s-l500.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Saw this when looking up the things for Nap earlier.  Other teams can go for flashy, "color rush", neon tones or whatever. But I like this kind of gritty, "Im not here to look pretty, Im here for a fight" attitude this old school style brings. If it is like this, I hope it stays for good.

s-l500.png

It reminds me of old-school college helmets.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

s-l500.png

I like it, I still wanted a curly W the most, but I have no problem with this look for the reasons you said and it’s a throw back look.

• Like 1