WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

Dunno if this was mentioned already, but apparently from what I read (and if I can get the details right), that minority owners wanting out had tried to get Dan to sell his majority stake in the team to them. 

He refused. 

The timeline is a little fuzzy, but then it appears that FedEx issued their statement and then they (the 3 minority share owners) went public with wanting out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Dunno if this was mentioned already, but apparently from what I read (and if I can get the details right), that minority owners wanting out had tried to get Dan to sell his majority stake in the team to them. 

He refused. 

The timeline is a little fuzzy, but then it appears that FedEx issued their statement and then they (the 3 minority share owners) went public with wanting out.

Oh wow 

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, seem a bunch with like 90's era scratch marks for stripes.
I don't get why some people think this will be like a huge overhaul, with new uniforms and everything.

If the change is coming this season, they'll change the logo on the helmet and that's it.
Could be the script R if the name still starts with it, could be a simple W. Or it could just be blank

vAKOshd.png

RevRT1z.png

1btMgV1.png

Then a full new logo / wordmarks next spring

Yep

Federals? This guys already changed his Twitter avatar & came up w/ a logo.

I could live w/ Federals, but it wouldn’t be my first military style name. I really want a Gold curly R on the helmet, so I hope it’s something with an R, and if not an R, I hope it’s with a W so we can have a curly gold W on the helmet.

Y'all should keep the color scheme IMO, but there's money to be made by changing it for ownership. If you guys changed your colors, more people would sort of need to get new memorabilia instead of just wearing the old stuff.