WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

8 minutes ago, SuperBowl=best said:

The cocaineless formula was still beloved, and eventually brought back.

If coke fans can bring coke back, then we can bring the Redskins back. Don't be negative.  We can do this.

Not really, we don’t own the product. Dan Snyder does and his other owners who forced him to change the name of they’d quit investing in his product. So, Dan and his other owners made this decision. Coca Cola owned their product, it was easy for them to just go back to the old formula after new Coke was a failure.

Turtle, you are not helping.  Don't you want the Redskins to be called the Redskins again.

You do know there is an anti-PC backlash happening, right.  This can be extended to the Redskins.  It's up to the will of the people.  We cannot lose this.  Have you seen what the woke mob looks and acts like.  Do you honestly want to lose and give in to them.  Hell no.  They're literally the dregs of society.  We cannot let them dictate our culture.

2 hours ago, SuperBowl=best said:

Bring back the Redskins, please.  We need to keep calling them the Redskins until they return.  Like when the public eschewed New Coke.

Eschew any non-Redskins name for the Redskins.

I understand posters have this opinion, but it's not happening. You'll have to move forward without the former team name. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SuperBowl=best said:

Turtle, you are not helping.  Don't you want the Redskins to be called the Redskins again.

You do know there is an anti-PC backlash happening, right.  This can be extended to the Redskins.  It's up to the will of the people.  We cannot lose this.  Have you seen what the woke mob looks and acts like.  Do you honestly want to lose and give in to them.  Hell no.  They're literally the dregs of society.  We cannot let them dictate our culture.

Don't creep down this path please. There's plenty wrong with your comments here too and we don't need to nor can we dive into it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperBowl=best said:

Bro, you don’t know me and I’ll leave at that. 

50 minutes ago, SuperBowl=best said:

I dont want it back simply because Im sick of whiny Americans.

Its just a meaningless name of a corporate entity thats sole design is to do nothing more than grab money. No more tradition or history to it than K-Mart in reality. 

4 hours ago, SuperBowl=best said:

200.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperBowl=best said:

Whether I agree with the name being changed or not, I didn’t by the way, this isn’t the place for this kind of discussion. Also, the name isn’t coming back and it’s time to move on. What’s done is done.

I don’t care about my fellow posters political affiliations because they’ve all been good people and we’ve talked football here for a decade plus. We don’t need this kind of stuff here. Don’t start it. 

• Like 2

Ok, well none of this will deter me or the rest of the pro-Redskins crowd from bringing back the epic and dignified name of the Redskins which has been part of who we are for almost a century.

Agree to disagree, and I hope yall change your minds eventually.  You still sing HTTR, right

Btw, I'm almost as dark as the mascot, and can be just as dark as him on a sunny day.  The blood of original Americans runs thru my veins.  The name Redskins carries a majesty to it that few other teams have.

"Williams drops back to pass... touchdown!!! And the REDSKINS have scored 35 points in a single quarter!!!"

52 minutes ago, SuperBowl=best said:

Ok, well none of this will deter me or the rest of the pro-Redskins crowd from bringing back the epic and dignified name of the Redskins which has been part of who we are for almost a century.

Agree to disagree, and I hope yall change your minds eventually.  You still sing HTTR, right

Btw, I'm almost as dark as the mascot, and can be just as dark as him on a sunny day.  The blood of original Americans runs thru my veins.  The name Redskins carries a majesty to it that few other teams have.

"Williams drops back to pass... touchdown!!! And the REDSKINS have scored 35 points in a single quarter!!!"

Please don't get this thread locked. Understand that you can have your own opinion on the subject, but it has been stated several times by the moderators to not get into political opinions or detract from the purpose of the thread. 

• Like 1