WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

But Senators would be a very fitting nickname for FSU. The university is located in Florida's capital, Tallahassee. And sports teams which play in either Washington DC or a state capital have often been named Senators (ex. the Washington Senators of Major League Baseball, whose first incarnation is now the Minnesota Twins, and second is now the Texas Rangers).

So ... FSU should give up a name that the actual tribal nation supports them using to select a name that was renowned for the aphorism:

"Washington
First in war, first in peace
Last in the American League"

?

Edited by Woz

47 minutes ago, pf9 said:

That's just one team named the Senators. Not all teams with the same nickname are alike.

I think the Texas Rangers own the rights to the name Washington Senators so, if we wanted it we’d have to buy it from them or something. Not sure how that would work but we’d have to get their permission to use it.

On 11/24/2020 at 6:51 PM, turtle28 said:

I think the Texas Rangers own the rights to the name Washington Senators so, if we wanted it we’d have to buy it from them or something. Not sure how that would work but we’d have to get their permission to use it.

Once they are told to change the Rangers name, they will likely go back to Senators.  

I've decided to just call them the "Skins" until they have an official name.  This way, there is no alluding to red, white, black, brown, yellow, etc.  We all have skin, so nobody can be offended if I just talk about skin in general.  Ha!

About the only one who could possibly be offended by this is the guy in the movie Hellraiser II, who lost his skin completely.  I'm willing to risk offending him though.  With Pinhead after him, the name of a football team is the least of his worries!  :D