WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Could it be a sign?

Hilarious that they chose the name many WFT fans have been talking about. 

Personally, I would rather be original.  Why steal the Arkansas Red wolves name.  I also have no association with it.  I have never seen Red Wolf in the DMV.   In fact, I have never seen any wolf in the DMV.  Not to mention, our team color is Burgundy.  Red completely confuses matters.

If we can't be original, I would rather go with something more generic like Warriors.  

WFT works for me though.  

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Hilarious that they chose the name many WFT fans have been talking about. 

Personally, I would rather be original.  Why steal the Arkansas Red wolves name.  I also have no association with it.  I have never seen Red Wolf in the DMV.   In fact, I have never seen any wolf in the DMV.  Not to mention, our team color is Burgundy.  Red completely confuses matters.

If we can't be original, I would rather go with something more generic like Warriors.  

WFT works for me though.  

Wait, Burgundy is a shade of red is it not?

Also of course you’re not going to see many wolves of any kind in the DMV bc of suburban sprawl but if you go down to southern VA, NC & Tennessee you’ll see some red wolves.

I’m sure before DC got built up & the suburbs to the way it is today that red wolves roamed around the areas where the suburbs & exurbs are today but they can’t live there now.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

If it can't be Redskins, at least it can still be "Washington". I don't want a new nickname either . I'm hoping it stays WFT !

I think WFT is just taking the lazy road & I don’t see it exciting a younger fanbase which this organization needs to catch for its future. 

We’ll still have “Washington” as our city name regardless of what the nickname is. Right now our nick name is Football Team, it’s can’t get any more boring & unoriginal than that!