WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think WFT is just taking the lazy road & I don’t see it exciting a younger fanbase which this organization needs to catch for its future. 

We’ll still have “Washington” as our city name regardless of what the nickname is. Right now our nick name is Football Team, it’s can’t get any more boring & unoriginal than that!

I understand. You're probably right but as long as it's only "Washington", then in my mind and heart  they are still the Redskins -- to me , now and always .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I understand. You're probably right but as long as it's only "Washington", then in my mind and heart  they are still the Redskins -- to me , now and always .

Yeah, they’ll always be that to me too.

My two criteria for this team:

1. It has to remain Washington and have a nickname other than Football Team. 

2. This team must get closer to Washington D.C.

Keeping the WFT moniker is embarrassing. It shows no creativity and no commitment to the fanbase to reel fans in. 

My favorite names I have seen so far:

Washington Red Wolves

Washington Warthogs

Washington Wolfpack

I am still irritated that this forum still has a name of "Washington". 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

My two criteria for this team:

1. It has to remain Washington and have a nickname other than Football Team. 

2. This team must get closer to Washington D.C.

Keeping the WFT moniker is embarrassing. It shows no creativity and no commitment to the fanbase to reel fans in. 

Washington Red Wolves

Washington Warthogs

Washington Wolfpack

I am still irritated that this forum still has a name of "Washington". 

I can’t imagine the stadium is going to be in DC. At this point my best guess is VA. I’m right there with you about Football Team. It’s embarrassing. I’m a fan of the Hogs. I think it keeps somewhat of the past around and the mascot could be very cool. That’s the way I’m leaning but I’m pretty sure it’s going to be warriors with a military theme. 

2 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

Okay but...

2 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

Washington Red Wolves

Washington Warthogs

Washington Wolfpack

How does this do that

• Like 1
9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Ugh dude, not you too lol. 

It’s grown because while we weren’t good we finally tasted the first bit of food. They could call us the toilets if we start winning nobody will care

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

We make the playoffs 100% of the time we're called Washington Football Team :) 

It’s such an awful name. It would be like Chevy naming a car, car. “Hey, check out the new Chevrolet Car”. It’s stupid lol. This might sound silly but it’s probably one of the things that would make me walk away. You want to change the name, fine but don’t give me this BS soccer stuff. Pick a name. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s such an awful name.

In your opinion and a lot of others, sure. I like it. And 10 years from now, if it stuck, it wouldn't matter. I'd much rather be the WFT than the Washington WIZARDS

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s such an awful name. It would be like Chevy naming a car, car. “Hey, check out the new Chevrolet Car”. It’s stupid lol. This might sound silly but it’s probably one of the things that would make me walk away. You want to change the name, fine but don’t give me this BS soccer stuff. Pick a name. 

So you got a problem with me calling my dog dog?  

A soccer name would be club not team. 

I am sure we end up going to go with some stupid animal name that has nothing to do with the team or something like that because we have to be like everyone else.

I like WFT myself.  It is neutral.  It is different from every team in the nfl.  It has a bit of screw u to the nfl.  

• Like 1