WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No it appears as though they were rejected trademark protection for the WFT brand in general.  So they can't protect their rights to their own products now. Sounds like WFT as a long term solution is dead. 

I think I am thinking the same thing you are in the sense it's for the here and now and not necessarily something that means it's also long term. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 4:33 PM, MikeT14 said:

I think I am thinking the same thing you are in the sense it's for the here and now and not necessarily something that means it's also long term. 

Danny just dropped $10 mill in fines. Doncha think he can buy the rights if he wants them ! ?

So we can basically rule out Football Team as the name going forward, right?

Look, I like the old school feel wit what we have here, but what matters is marketing and getting a new stadium, and Football Team won't do it.

As long as the name isn't astronomically stupid, I will come around to it I'm sure.

Can't wait for new merch.

• Like 1

Here’s a take I’d never seen before. This is from nflspinzone.com …

Change Redskins name to: Washington Federals

When you look at two of the Washington professional sports franchises, the Washington Capitals (NHL) and Washington Nationals (MLB), there is a clear theme playing into the governmental roots of D.C. So an obvious option for the NFL franchise would be to change their name to something akin to that as well.

There’s a lot of fun to be had with this idea as they could incorporate various United States symbols into their repertoire, including things like the Secret Service, national monuments and much more. Furthermore, you have to believe that FedEx, who holds the naming rights to the stadium, would be quite happy to be sponsoring a team shortened to the “Feds”.
Edited by IotaNet

1 hour ago, IotaNet said:

When you look at two of the Washington professional sports franchises, the Washington Capitals (NHL) and Washington Nationals (MLB), there is a clear theme playing into the governmental roots of D.C. So an obvious option for the NFL franchise would be to change their name to something akin to that as well.

There’s a lot of fun to be had with this idea as they could incorporate various United States symbols into their repertoire, including things like the Secret Service, national monuments and much more. Furthermore, you have to believe that FedEx, who holds the naming rights to the stadium, would be quite happy to be sponsoring a team shortened to the “Feds”.

Not saying it totally rules out the name Federals, but given the way Fred Smith (CEO of FedEx) has handled his departure as minority owner/attempted hostile takeover of the franchise...I think it’s more likely that Snyder names the team after a whistleblowing female employee or a Native American activist than anything that would benefit FedEx. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IotaNet said:

I could get used to it. 

3 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

The bird doesn't look intimidating or cool, and also yeah lets name our team a mouth fungus for infants.

Smh

Agreed,  it I didn’t even know it existed! I’m with @lavar703 though, I’ll be shocked if the new team name isn’t Warriors, I think that’s a name that Snyder would be ok with, not sure about the others.