WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

I'm hoping it's the name I sent in...(From the fans)

Bravehearts

Like the movie with Mel Gibson.

Brave is our original name from creation. (Boston Braves) So it gives us that connection & nastalgia from conception.

Hearts from warriors we have on battlefield.

Absolutely zero affiliation from any native imagery, whatsoever.

Yet, the name itself? Can have any cannotation and meaning for any fan. (Including Native American)

Without legally, stepping on any toes.

Imo, it's the perfect name. I'm crossing my fingers that they liked my email & Bravehearts name idea. (And why I chose this name to represent Washington Football Team)

Oh, it's also not an animal.

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The idea that we couldn’t pick an animal because it might be too Native American is absurd. It’s an animal. With Warriors knocked out I’m with E. Redwolves is about as good as it’s gonna get. 

Sorry, that was confusing . I was still talking about Warriors and the name relationship to NAs .. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm hoping it's the name I sent in...(From the fans)

Bravehearts

Like the movie with Mel Gibson.

Brave is our original name from creation. (Boston Braves) So it gives us that connection & nastalgia from conception.

Hearts from warriors we have on battlefield.

Absolutely zero affiliation from any native imagery, whatsoever.

Yet, the name itself? Can have any cannotation and meaning for any fan. (Including Native American)

Without legally, stepping on any toes.

Imo, it's the perfect name. I'm crossing my fingers that they liked my email & Bravehearts name idea. (And why I chose this name to represent Washington Football Team)

Oh, it's also not an animal.

You do remember the end of that movie right ? The hero, William Wallace was eviserated while alive. That is tame compared to his real life execution ! I'll spare you the guresome details . No thank you on Braveheart,,,bbbbrrrrr... man, chills me . 🙈

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

They had the trademark on the name for years. They accidentally let it lapse. 

It doesn't mean it was going to be Warriors/what Cooley said. Remember they had the Bravehearts TM too. Everything changed last summer on the path they were going.