2. Red Hogs

3. Armada

4. Brigade

5. Defenders

6. Commanders

7. Presidents

8. Football Team

My order would be...

#1) Redhogs (about as close to being the old Redskins as you can get)

#2) Red Wolves (Has "red" in it & wolves are cool)

#3) Armada (If you're a sci-fi buff like me, then you gotta love this name. Make me think of space wars & an Alien fleet sending it's "Armada" towards your base to eliminate)

#4) WFT (if we make the playoff again this yr & maybe go deep in the playoffs? How can you NOT want to keep this name. Not to mention breaking a 20+ year drought of a repeat division winner) plus, I really dig the college looking # helmets. We look tough!

#5)Brigade (Has military & actually fits the name for D.C. Not generic as others, yet short & sweet. I don't love it, but I could easily get used to it. Doesn't sound bad at all, actually.

#6--#7--#8 are Defenders, Commanders & Presidents in any order. (All pretty generic & really nothing appealing about the names. These are all names Madden 22 probably offers in Franchise mode when I decide to relocate the Washington Football Team. Although I don't hate these names, I'm probably not standing in line for my new Chase Young jersey.

If we're the Redtails,?

I'm done! Retired...as a fan.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

If I were to rank those 8...

1. Red Wolves

2. Red Hogs

3. Armada

4. Brigade

5. Defenders

6. Commanders

7. Presidents

8. Football Team

I don't understand the Red Wolves love.  I have lived in Virginia my entire life, I have never associated "red wolves" with anything to do with the area.  I don't care about it sounding kind of like the old name, in fact I'd rather have something completely different sounding than the old name.  

A name you don't have on your list that I like is Sentinels.  Has a military vibe, lots of bases here in in the area.  Makes a lot of sense to me.  

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

From that list, I am leaning WFT, Armada, and Red Wolves, but mostly because a lot of other people seem to like it. 

Armada generally refers to  group of ships on the move .. Don't get that one too much .

Edited by RSkinGM

WFT!

Military, political names are all controversial and horrible names anyways: Commanders, Armada, Presidents and Brigade all stink.

Defenders ok.

Redhogs and Redwolves ok.  But why Red?  I thought we were distancing ourselves from the old name.  Just be Hogs.  Or wolves.

7 minutes ago, offbyone said:

WFT!

Military, political names are all controversial and horrible names anyways: Commanders, Armada, Presidents and Brigade all stink.

Defenders ok.

Redhogs and Redwolves ok.  But why Red?  I thought we were distancing ourselves from the old name.  Just be Hogs.  Or wolves.

I'd go WildHogs over RedHogs .

Of the 8 only 2 I like is Redwolves and Football Team
if RedHogs was just Hogs or something like a Hog I'd be fine but RedHog seems extra forced to put Red in it.

I think it either ends up as RedWolves or Wolves(Slight chance they keep Football Team).

There are rumors going around that "Legends" is the new team name.

The subtle hints from tweets. Like, every tweet says legend or legendary in it.

Most do not think this is coincidental & the trademark is also available.

Not to mention, how are they going to refer to older greats like Riggins & Sonny Jurgenson who's birthday is today I believe.

Redskin Greats or Legends? Something to think about.

I think there's smoke, honestly.