WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

30 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Just listened to today’s presser and came away with a feeling that RedWolves will not be the name on how RR responded to a question about the name change. 
The DMV culture is the biggest part of this decision as we all know. 

None of the names they claim are finalist don’t seem to have anything to do with DMV culture...

• Like 1

I can only imagine how frustrating it's been for you guys but I thought warriors was going be it since another sports team uses the same name and hasn't had any of the problems the Redskins name has. As far as other possible names I think Redwolves is ok or Washington Wolfpack may work also. Anyways good luck with new name after time it should work out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billking said:

I can only imagine how frustrating it's been for you guys but I thought warriors was going be it since another sports team uses the same name and hasn't had any of the problems the Redskins name has. As far as other possible names I think Redwolves is ok or Washington Wolfpack may work also. Anyways good luck with new name after time it should work out.

Reports said the team asked Native American groups about Warriors & the groups didn’t like it.

Red Wolves (bc our jerseys are burgundy) Wolves or Wolfpack would be cool to me.

Edited by turtle28

14 hours ago, billking said:

How far they dragged this out and honestly how stupid this whole thing has been has really sucked the enjoyment out of it. Yes I wish we were still the Redskins but if the name needed to change that’s fine but it shouldn’t take two whole seasons to do it. This team is pretty clueless no matter what they do. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 5:01 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Just listened to today’s presser and came away with a feeling that RedWolves will not be the name on how RR responded to a question about the name change. 
The DMV culture is the biggest part of this decision as we all know. 

Which sucks because it's going to end up being more of the D than the MV and we'll end up with something stupid. Like that idiotic dance squad that people keep telling me is "DC Culture" but bores the crap out of me.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Which sucks because it's going to end up being more of the D than the MV and we'll end up with something stupid. Like that idiotic dance squad that people keep telling me is "DC Culture" but bores the crap out of me.

I don’t known how they can just make it DC themed team name unless it’s like the Monuments or something. My friends wife likes that name.

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

How far they dragged this out and honestly how stupid this whole thing has been has really sucked the enjoyment out of it. Yes I wish we were still the Redskins but if the name needed to change that’s fine but it shouldn’t take two whole seasons to do it. This team is pretty clueless no matter what they do. 

It does take that long though. That's part of it. There's a lot of legality that goes into it. 

• Like 1