WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

23 hours ago, e16bball said:

Not much you can call the Monuments for short. The “Mons” doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue, so to speak...

Not like there's a second part of an anatomical term that would roll with that in a not-so-flattering way ...

FAiwOqFWEAEzbjL?format=jpg&name=medium 

This was "accidentally" posted and then deleted, so make of it what you will. "Last-ever Washington Football Team" merchandise. My tea leaves? They have a name, it's done, and are going to absolutely just wait till whenever they want to release it - probably after the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This was accidentally posted and then deleted, so make of it what you will. "Last-ever Washington Football Team" merchandise. My tea leaves? They have a name, it's done, and are going to absolutely just wait till whenever they want to release it - probably after the season.

It makes sense to hold it when they probably have merch left to sell in stock and warehouses that are WFT. They announce the new name and sales for that stuff likely drop significantly. Sure you will get some collectors who want that piece of team history but that is a minority for sure. 

32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This was accidentally posted and then deleted, so make of it what you will. "Last-ever Washington Football Team" merchandise. My tea leaves? They have a name, it's done, and are going to absolutely just wait till whenever they want to release it - probably after the season.

Definitely after the holidays, so they can extract as much money as possible from folks on the WFT name — before making the switch and again extracting as much money as possible from folks getting behind the new name.

Fortunately for them, at the moment it looks like the end of the season will coincide very closely with the holidays anyway. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Seriously doubt they did this on accident. Everything they’ve done with the name has been calculated. I bet they’re treating it as an accident but they did exactly what they meant too. 

• Like 1