2021 NFL Draft Prospects

Feels like Gregory Rousseau could be worth a lot more to us than other clubs. We say it a lot in a general sense, but specifically getting Rousseau around Calais Campbell would be amazing. They already have a relationship off the field and on the field their physical dimensions, freakish traits, and versatility are close as well.

Rousseau was billed as the next Mario Williams, Jadeveon Clowney, Myles Garrett, and Chase Young type talent before opting out of the 2020 season. The idea of not only getting a prospect like him in house but also pairing him right up with the exact/perfect player & mentor you could ever find for him would be incredible. 

I've reviewed all of his available cut ups and you can certainly see the upside. Like Campbell, when Rousseau has perfect pad level he's virtual unblockable with his length and driving power. You can tell he possesses natural instincts as a rusher and has the burst and flexibility to act on them. He has the power to condense the rushing arc then redirect and disengage from the blocks to bring down the QB. It's hard to escape from his length and you'll frequently see him catch QBs & ball carriers just as they break contain. He isn't going to test like Clowney or Garrett but he's a fluid mover with more than enough juice and speed. I've seen him carry HBs downfield on wheel routes, cover the flats, and in general drop sufficiently. His potential as an interior rusher might be higher than his on the outside. It seems like once he beats the hands of the IOL in front of him, said play is blown up. It's just hard to salvage anything once he's beaten his man on the interior, his length and agility is going to nearly always ensnare the QB.

Example: 2.5 Seconds and this play is cooked. Remind you of anyone?

He's a baby Calais, I'm telling you. Had no idea his inside reps were this destructive-

He'll feast on all the opportunities against Tight Ends he'll get within our system. And obviously the unblocked ones as well. In other words, he can immediately take over Judon's production in Year 1-

The negatives are about what you'd expect. Like other tall players, his pad level can get high thus neutering him on plays. And his toolbox is one note. There's not an arsenal of pass rush counters he can turn to and you will see him get stuck on blocks at times. 

Summary

- 6'7 260+

- 20 Y/O(21 in April) Sky High potential

- Positional Versatility

- Inside/Outside Rusher

- Amazing opportunity to get him around a personal connection/potential perfect mentor and on field comp in Calais Campbell

Is it time for the Ravens to  pillage The U once again? (Don't forget about Brevin Jordan and Quincy Roche hanging out there too) Picking Miami talents falling beyond where their talent dictates has fared very well for Baltimore in the past....

Image result for ed reed ray lewis miami

9516897.jpg?resize=800,413&ssl=1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Feels like Gregory Rousseau could be worth a lot more to us than other clubs. We say it a lot in a general sense, but specifically getting Rousseau around Calais Campbell would be amazing. They already have a relationship off the field and on the field their physical dimensions, freakish traits, and versatility are close as well.

Rousseau was billed as the next Mario Williams, Jadeveon Clowney, Myles Garrett, and Chase Young type talent before opting out of the 2020 season. The idea of not only getting a prospect like him in house but also pairing him right up with the exact/perfect player & mentor you could ever find for him would be incredible. 

6’5 1/2” 266 lbs, freakish length, inside/outside versatility, immense upside. Limited speed, but nice closing burst. Chandler Jones had 35 1/2” arms, ran a 4.77s forty, 35” vertical leap, 4.38s SS, and a 7.07s cone drill.

I could certainly see Rousseau hitting similar metrics as well. This is my personal comp for him, but realizing the ceiling of either potential HOF player would certainly be tantalizing. Particularly because I believe he’s the perfect fit for what type of pass rusher we should be looking for, someone that’s tall, long to effects passing lanes, yet also has the agility to adjust to mobile QBs, allowing him to finish.

His strengths against the run also present heightened value. He would certainly be one of the best options of the BPA variety for us to target in the draft if he falls to our original 27th pick, which seems to be of increased likelihood the closer we get to the draft.

I think a team falls in love with Rousseau’s potential and he goes top 20.

I wouldn’t have a problem at all taking him with the first of our 1sts if a team like LA gave us their first rounder.

I also ❤️ Rashod Bateman...but my terps shut him down the past few times 😎 (Tarheeb Still is an insanely good corner, he’ll be in first round talks in 2 years).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I wouldn’t have a problem at all taking him with the first of our 1sts if a team like LA gave us their first rounder.

I also ❤️ Rashod Bateman...but my terps shut him down the past few times 😎 (Tarheeb Still is an insanely good corner, he’ll be in first round talks in 2 years).

Yeah, unless our trade with OBJ involves a pick in the top 15, we aren't seeing Rousseau. We'd more be in line for another U player. Jaelen Phillips. 

9 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Yeah, unless our trade with OBJ involves a pick in the top 15, we aren't seeing Rousseau. We'd more be in line for another U player. Jaelen Phillips. 

Agreed. He won't retain the sure fire Top 5 range he had going into the 2020 Season, but it's hard to see him breakout of the Top 15-20. The other top options at EDGE in this class have question marks of their own, so it's not like he's dealing with stiff competition that will fling him down the board. Titans at 22 might be his absolute floor.

Took a look at recent hits at current positions of need and what round they came by. I'm considering 'recent' to mean within 10 years. I'm considering a 'hit' to be a player who shows starter level talent and at least an occasional stretch of plus play. I'm leaving out UDFA players. Role Players and System Functioning JAGs don't make the cut. For the younger guys that are beginning to establish themselves, I'm going to project them as hits.

Wide Receiver

- Marquise Brown Round 1 Pick 25

- Torrey Smith Round 2 Pick 58

Center

- Ryan Jensen Round 6 Pick 203

Guard

- Kelechi Osemele Round 2 Pick 60

- Bradley Bozeman Round 6 Pick 215

EDGE

- Pernell McPhee Round 6 Pick 180

- Za'Darius Smith Round 5 Pick 122

- Matt Judon Round 5 Pick 146

- Tyus Bowser Round 2 Pick 47

Tackle

- Rick Wagner Round 5 Pick 168

- Ronnie Stanley Round 1 Pick 6

- Orlando Brown Jr. Round 3 Pick 83

Safety

- Chuck Clark Round 6 Pick 186

- DeShon Elliot Round 6 Pick 190

Defensive Interior

- Brandon Williams Round 3 Pick 94

- Timmy Jernigan Round 2 Pick 48

- Zach Sieler Round 7 Pick 238

- Justin Madubuike Round 3 Pick 71

Tight End

- Nick Boyle Round 5 Pick 171

- Darren Waller Round 6 Pick 204

- Hayden Hurst Round 1 Pick 25

- Mark Andrews Round 3 Pick 86

A lot goes into this and not all drafts nor draft 'hits' are created equal. Bozeman and Osemele were both hits, but one is a still ascending simply starter level talent while KO was one of the best Guards this decade. What sticks out immediately though, is that WR is the only position we haven't had a hit at past the early rounds.

On 2/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, DreamKid said:

@diamondbull424 Do you think we could be interested in DI Christian Barmore?

High end interior rusher, dominated throughout the CFP, and obviously he's Bama. 

I've seen 21 Y/O floating around but I don't trust the source. If he is younger he's definitely an intriguing option, and what I've seen of his cuts up was impressive.

@CalhounLambeau Do you have an official DOB on Barmore?

Barmore is 7/28/99

• Like 2

Matching up against NFL corners. I’d like to see Pitts improve his route releases. He makes it easy for Horn in coverage on the sideline throw, granted he still makes a phenomenal play to grab the ball, but if the technical qualities can meet his physical ability, he will truly be on another level as an elite WR.

As a TE, this game displays very quality ‘get in the way’ blocking ability from him out of a few different alignments. He’s very respectable in that area.

• Like 1

Rondale's YAC ability is awesome, but that's only one of the aspects that made Steve Smith so amazing. He was also an elite downfield threat with blazing acceleration and extra gears. I don't see that in Moore's game atp. Only playing in 7 games the last two years is a major red flag too. A team like the Packers could take the risk on Rondale Moore, but we should probably steer clear. 

• Like 1