2021 NFL Draft Prospects

For the folks in here that don't go as hard with the draft or aren't interested in wading through an ocean of endless analyst opinions you don't know the value of, this is a great video for you. You're going to see the name Rashod Bateman a lot both in the forum and out. He's a very popular and practical prospect to link and Mock to us.

So if you're not familiar with Bateman and are interested in finding out why so many think he would be an amazing 1st Round Pick for us- this is the perfect watch. It really digs into Rashod from every perspective and explains how close to flawless his prospect profile is. The presenter also does a good job of explaining things like BOA, Dominator, MS, etc. Terms you might've seen around this forum but are still somewhat unclear on.

Highly recommend it-

• Like 2

How fast do we think Bateman is going to run? Is he going to have to surprise everyone like Jefferson did in order for us to take him?

One thing this team has seemed to prioritize over the last several years in the draft has been speed with the exception of Jaylon Ferguson (who hasn't impressed) and Orlando. Patrick Queen, JK Dobbins, Justin Madubuike, Hollywood, Boykin, Justice Hill, Lamar, Andrews and Hurst were fast for tight ends, and you can keep going back. 

Speed isn't Bateman's game with how he beats you so they might not be too worried about it in his case.

Edited by BareYourTeeth

I love Bateman and would be more than happy with him as our first round pick.

Doubt he gets to 27 though, so that may be contingent upon whether we trade Orlando and what pick/s we get back.

If we get say 25 and a 2nd or 3rd from Jacksonville I'd be all in favor of packaging 25+27 up to the late teens to secure him,

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

For the folks in here that don't go as hard with the draft or aren't interested in wading through an ocean of endless analyst opinions you don't know the value of, this is a great video for you. You're going to see the name Rashod Bateman a lot both in the forum and out. He's a very popular and practical prospect to link and Mock to us.

So if you're not familiar with Bateman and are interested in finding out why so many think he would be an amazing 1st Round Pick for us- this is the perfect watch. It really digs into Rashod from every perspective and explains how close to flawless his prospect profile is. The presenter also does a good job of explaining things like BOA, Dominator, MS, etc. Terms you might've seen around this forum but are still somewhat unclear on.

Highly recommend it-

In terms of the Rashod Bateman bandwagon...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The only WR with a higher than 5% Career Drop Rate drafted by Decosta has been Marquise Brown. And EDC is on tape saying he'll forgive a few drops if you're an electric playmaker who can make up for it with big plays consistently- which obviously Hollywood does.

Small sample size. With just 4 players over 2 draft classes, but it could be something to pay attention to:

Marquise Brown 2019 8.5% Drop Rate

Miles Boykin 2019 4.8% Drop Rate

James Proche 2020 2.8% Drop Rate

Devin Duvernay 2020 2.04% Drop Rate

Some 2021 prospects not listed in my above post:

Rashod Bateman has a 7.7% Career Drop Rate(11.5% in 2020)

Terrace Marshall had a 12.7% Drop Rate in 2020 ⚠️ 

Bad bad 2020 number for Marshall, but his career figure isn't as severe-

Justin Jefferson Ja’Marr Chase Terrace Marshall Jr.
Games Played 30 24 28
Total Targets 220 157 155
Receptions 165 107 106
TDs 24 23 23
Total Drops 13 9 11
% of Targets Deemed “Uncatchable” 19.1% 26.1% 24.5%
True Catch Rate 92.7% 92.2% 90.6%
True Drop Rate 7.3% 7.8% 9.4%

Tylan Wallace had a 3.6% drop rate in 2019

Nico Collins had a 0.0% drop rate in 2018

Haven't found numbers for D'Wayne Eskridge, Cade Johnson, Amon-Ra, and others.

• Like 1

I don't think it alters our early round path all that much, besides us maybe fading Terrace Marshall and Elijah Moore getting a boost but it's certainly something to consider when we submit our names for the annual Ravens forum draft games.

I was just telling @RavensfanRD Elijah Moore might not be that big of a target for us in another thread too. 😅

18 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Has he done something besides sitting out of the rest of the season half way through the year because of injuries?

Yea, I'm confused by the premise too. That's the only thing I know of with him, that he left FSU. Yet I've seen multiple people voice this undrafted angle. I tried to suss out the take's ultimate origin and it seems like Matt Miller has been pushing it lately or at least started it.

Which is one of the main reasons I don't buy it...

The character flag angle started after he left FSU. Like people just started saying it, but I haven't seen any clarification on what the actual issues are.

PFF's Top 10 receivers, and explanations for each. No big shocks, pretty much lines up with what we've discussed- https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-rankings

1. Ja'Marr Chase

2. Jaylen Waddle

3. DeVonta Smith

4. Rashod Bateman

5. Rondale Moore

6. Elijah Moore

7. Kardarius Toney

8. Terrace Marshall Jr.

9. Dyami Brown

10. Tylan Wallace

• Like 1