2021 NFL Draft Prospects

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm starting to really really like Elijah Moore. The more you dig the more confident you become in him. If he was just two inches taller no one would argue over a Top 20 pick spent on him. Legitimately flashes AB like ability at times. SEC mega producer at a young age, catches everything, separates, YAC ability, the entire package- but he's 5'9.

I know we already have Marquise Brown(5'9) and Devin Duvernay(5'10), but I really wouldn't be mad at Elijah Moore ending up a Raven after the 2021 draft. Worst case we get a massive upgrade over Willie Snead and best case we have a shot at the next AB. And that AB could be AJ Brown as well if you tag *smaller with it. Some very similar numbers to AJB coming out of Ole Miss, both had a 10.9 ADOT, Moore had 18 forced missed tackles in his final year and Brown had 17, Moore had 3.65 YPRR and Brown had 3.10. Both were slot guys that also had success when given their shot outside.

IDK, I do think we're primarily going to be looking at bigger options like Bateman, Marshall, Brown, etc. F&ck though does Elijah Moore looked poised to be a major steal in this class.

You can't oversell the Broward County connection with Lamar and Hollywood either.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 6:44 PM, DreamKid said:

Legitimately flashes AB like ability at times.

On 2/22/2021 at 6:44 PM, DreamKid said:

Worst case we get a massive upgrade over Willie Snead and best case we have a shot at the next AB.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/elijah-moore/32004d4f-4f27-9723-3c75-0e082bc200c9

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
NFL Comparison
Antonio Brown
Overview
Ultra-competitive slot target with the talent and mindset to handle a heavy amount of targets and shine in the process. He's not very big, but he's stronger than his measurables might suggest and he's shown a fearlessness to make the catch despite impending punishment. Moore has the short-area quickness to snap off crisp routes underneath for separation and the play speed to challenge over the top as well as work the deep middle. He has soft, sure hands and above-average ball skills with a great feel for spatial awareness to hit the sweet spots when working against zone. While longer, more physical cornerbacks could slow him a little bit in the NFL, his athletic profile and playing demeanor should lead evaluators to believe he will be a very good pro early in his career.

-------

Zierlein does all the prospect profiles and grades for the NFL's site. And while I don't respect him all that much(can't forget that Ed Oliver should play ILB take and a couple others), it's nice to see my comp for Elijah Moore backed up elsewhere.

Floor: Cole Beasley  -  Ceiling: Antonio Brown,  That's where I'm at. 

4 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

@DreamKid

😏

😂 It's becoming comical with Elijah Moore at this point. You really don't have to be a genius to figure out he's going to be a great NFL WR.

• Like 1

Maybe he really is the next AB but gotta say unless he really is that special kind of player I'm not super keen on bringing in another midget at WR. 

On the other hand we whiffed passing up the last stud Ole Miss WR's to come out so maybe it's not a mistake we want to make again. I think I'd feel better about targeting a player like Moore if we sign a bigger outside receiver in FA and Moore would be brought in as direct competition with Duvernay rather than either playing Boykin a lot or rolling with the tiniest 3 wideout sets in the league if it's Hollywood/Moore/Duvernay. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

On the other hand we whiffed passing up the last stud Ole Miss WR's to come out so maybe it's not a mistake we want to make again. I think I'd feel better about targeting a player like Moore if we sign a bigger outside receiver in FA and Moore would be brought in as direct competition with Duvernay rather than either playing Boykin a lot or rolling with the tiniest 3 wideout sets in the league if it's Hollywood/Moore/Duvernay. 

Yea, it's why I didn't look into Moore all that much from the start. I don't think the FO is going into the draft looking to add another smaller option out there. Guys like Bateman, Marshall, Brown, Wallace, and St. Brown are all early round 6'+ options.

Elijah Moore is just so F'n good though- at everything. And if the FO has a high grade on him, I don't see them not picking him after other options are exhausted simply because he's 5'9. Swapping out Willie Snead for Cole Beasley(Who's smaller than Moore) certainly wouldn't hurt our offense and swapping him out for an AB type would be even better. 

In truth, Mark Andrews is our de facto big receiver too. So it's not like we'd be fielding just the Little Rascals. The situation would be improved though if we added that large FA WR you mentioned.

The true last thing we need is for Moore to end up on the Chiefs, Titans, Browns, Steelers, Bills, or Bengals. Can already picture him hurting us.

5 hours ago, M.10.E said:

I cannot WAIT until we pick a DB in round 1 and this place catches on fire. You just know it's going to happen.

Won't catch me on fire 🤣.

I always favor defense and I have to stop myself from fixating on CBs & Safeties every draft. Hell, I'd legit be happy if we traded for Marshon Lattimore on top of what we already have at the CB position. 

It's not like we don't need help at Safety either. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1