Tommy Tremble
    TE Notre Dame

• BAL
    Damar Hamlin
    S Pittsburgh

• BAL
    Darius Stills
    DT West Virginia

The more I do these mock simulators the more I think we will/should trade down this year. I really don't see a gap in the players we'd be getting at 27 vs the ones we'd be getting at 40-50 in most cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

The more I do these mock simulators the more I think we will/should trade down this year. I really don't see a gap in the players we'd be getting at 27 vs the ones we'd be getting at 40-50 in most cases.

I totally agree with you! I think EDC will be trying to move out but it's all about having the trade partners to dance with. I guess it also depends who falls, there may be a few guys that they have high on their board that slip into their laps as well..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

I totally agree with you! I think EDC will be trying to move out but it's all about having the trade partners to dance with. I guess it also depends who falls, there may be a few guys that they have high on their board that slip into their laps as well..

Absolutely. Takes two to tango...hoping that’s the case!

3 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Some Mocks have Gregory Rousseau falling to the 2nd round. I just can't see that happening. Has something come out about him that I don't know about? 

And he is ridiculously raw and has not played a lot of football. Guys like him make me nervous because they need a ton of coaching and there is no guarantee he takes to that coaching. 

14 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I would run the card up as fast as I could if he dropped to #27. 

The more I think about it, the less he seems like a Ravens sort of player.

There are apparently at least a few franchises that are holding opting out of last year against a prospect, and the Ravens seem like a franchise that would be one of them.  When you add that Rousseau opted out with the fact he's only got 1 year of production, is an underclassman and isn't a particularly good athlete for his size, and he doesn't seem like someone the FO would be particularly excited to pick.

19 hours ago, drd23 said:

The more I think about it, the less he seems like a Ravens sort of player.

There are apparently at least a few franchises that are holding opting out of last year against a prospect, and the Ravens seem like a franchise that would be one of them.  When you add that Rousseau opted out with the fact he's only got 1 year of production, is an underclassman and isn't a particularly good athlete for his size, and he doesn't seem like someone the FO would be particularly excited to pick.

Patrick Queen was a 1 Year guy and the FO was fine with taking him. At one of the least valuable positions too.

Also while Rousseau has a 7.75 RAS when calculated as an EDGE/DE, if you run his numbers as a DI/DT his score becomes 9.17.  Which is important because inside is where he looked the most dominant and ultimately where his future may be- like our own Calais Campbell. He just turned 21 Y/O 16 days ago too. The kind of testing numbers he can put up as a 20 Y/O might not be 100% reflective of the athleticism he'll come into the next couple of years. Which is why youth is highly sought after in the Draft.

So I'm not going to count him out. Especially as EDC has taken a 20-21 Y/O player at a position of need in each of his two 1st Rounds thus far(Marquise Brown WR, Patrick Queen ILB).

Greg Rousseau EDGE Miami 21 Y/O, Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU 20 Y/O, Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota 21 Y/O, Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma 21 Y/O------------ These are all massive names and probable picks for our 1st Round selection imo. 

Looks like Calais is firmly in young Greg's corner too. If EDC comes asking for an endorsement or opinion.: 

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

I'm don't think this offense could work with two 5'8 receivers constantly on the field

I think I'm on the Terrace Marshall bandwagon if I had to chose a WR to pick in the 1st round

I'm kind of leaning that way as well. If the passing scheme was more open and spread-like then it wouldn't matter. But it's not. A heavy-run scheme (when Roman isn't panicking) and two small receivers doesn't mix. If another high investment is made at the position then it makes the most sense to take a bigger receiver that fits the mold of the intended offense.

Unfortunately I'm not sure that clean fit is available in this class. Marshall is bigger but not a good blocker. Bateman, Brown, St. Brown, and Wallace are all just average at best in the size/blocking department. Collins... no. Kind of the same deal as Marshall but a lot worse.

I'm not saying don't take someone like Bateman at 27 or any of those other guys in the second/third rounds but I'm not sure we would be happy with how the staff ends up utilizing them. I still see a lot of Boykin snaps on the horizon. Sadly. Duvernay is probably the one that gets pushed back with another addition at receiver. And now with Watkins in the fold that just makes thing even murkier in terms of available reps.

I hope the Ravens prove me wrong and Miles doesn't see much time... but I'm not optimistic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Patrick Queen was a 1 Year guy and the FO was fine with taking him. At one of the least valuable positions too.

Also while Rousseau has a 7.75 RAS when calculated as an EDGE/DE, if you run his numbers as a DI/DT his score becomes 9.17.  Which is important because inside is where he looked the most dominant and ultimately where his future may be- like our own Calais Campbell. He just turned 21 Y/O 16 days ago too. The kind of testing numbers he can put up as a 20 Y/O might not be 100% reflective of the athleticism he'll come into the next couple of years. Which is why youth is highly sought after in the Draft.

So I'm not going to count him out. Especially as EDC has taken a 20-21 Y/O player at a position of need in each of his two 1st Rounds thus far(Marquise Brown WR, Patrick Queen ILB).

Greg Rousseau EDGE Miami 21 Y/O, Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU 20 Y/O, Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota 21 Y/O, Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma 21 Y/O------------ These are all massive names and probable picks for our 1st Round selection imo. 

Looks like Calais is firmly in young Greg's corner too. If EDC comes asking for an endorsement or opinion.: 

They are all quite persuasive arguments but I can't help but feel the first two are also kinda contradictory.  If you have to consider Rousseau as more of a DT/DI to look at his athleticism favourably, then he also becomes a player at a position of not big enough need to fit with the pattern of how Ravens 1st round picks tend to go.

They also don't really do anything to counteract the feeling I have that the FO (at least how it was prior to EDC being in charge) would be the type to hold opting out against a prospect (which is something I hope isn't true btw)

I don't dislike Rousseau as a prospect, but he's not my #1 EDGE prospect - I'd have Jaelan Phillips, Kwity Paye (especially for this defense) and Azeez Ojulari (despite my apprehensions about how he'd be used) higher