2021 NFL Draft Prospects

I have zero doubt that the Ravens love Dickerson's tape and everything they would have got from coaches etc about him as a person - in both aspects he's exactly what the Ravens need at C.

That said, I think we must also be one of the more conservative teams when it comes to medical issues (after all, we turned down Michael Brockers because of an ankle sprain he'd sustain months before and he played the entirety of the 2020 after we did), so its really hard to say what our medical staff would recommend we do.  

I could just as easily believe that he's the #1 C on the board as I could believe that he's not on the board at all

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

What happened to Chuba Hubbard as a prospect? I’m seeing rankings down in the 6th/7th round. Never saw him as another elite RB coming out, but saw solid play out of him. 

Yea, seeing mocks where he's not on it at all, which I find strange.

I would really like him as a late rounder, but have some small concern around roster construction. What I mean by that is that I think the Ravens likely flip their spots by position between RB and TE (3 vs. 4) this year, not counting Ricard. I think the team will be well-served with practice squad depth - guys like Ty'son Williams from last year and another addition this year. Would love Jake Funk from Maryland. I think his age, limited career production, and injury history make him almost zero chance of being drafted, but I think he has the short area burst and balance / vision to do a lot of what late career Mark Ingram did in our offense.

4 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

"I'm a Raven, It's on.." 

I'll never forget where I was. I was standing in my kitchen of my old apartment when I saw that we traded back up and I went "OH MY GOD THIS IS LAMAR" and then it happened and I ran around my living room yelling lol such an amazing night

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Today's the day folks. Thinking back to when we drafted Lamar Jackson, man what a night that was.

I had went to bed after the Hurst pick. Thankfully was still awake and got a text from a couple buddies and fired the TV back up.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'll never forget where I was. I was standing in my kitchen of my old apartment when I saw that we traded back up and I went "OH MY GOD THIS IS LAMAR" and then it happened and I ran around my living room yelling lol such an amazing night

Yep... still remember this too. 

It wasn't even an announcement of a trade. They were talking about some other pick/narrative and then the screen in the background changed from the Eagles logo/colors to purple and the Ravens' head and I knew. Good times.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I remember vividly too. Was laying on the couch dozing off. My wife said "Ravens are back in the first". I sprung up and said "WHAT!?" The rest is history. 

I remember excitement but also a bit of sadness knowing Joe's days were numbered. He gave us so much stress but he'll always be my QB

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I remember vividly too. Was laying on the couch dozing off. My wife said "Ravens are back in the first". I sprung up and said "WHAT!?" The rest is history. 

I remember excitement but also a bit of sadness knowing Joe's days were numbered. He gave us so much stress but he'll always be my QB

Aside from 2012, he gave me the best football/music pun I've ever seen.