2021 NFL Draft Prospects

6 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Y’all can cross Devonta Smith off your boards. 

Speaking of this game, Smith on that play to his hand, nearly caught a knee injury. His knee was in a totally awkward position and I thought it was curtains to his draft stock for a second. After this game and his hand injury, it’s highly doubtful that he even works out at the underwear olympics for teams to lower his stock. I’ll finally concede that he won’t fall out of the top 12... unless something crazy happens between now and draft day.
——

Speaking of crazy and injury, Wyatt Davis... It didn’t look like he could put much weight on his leg. Looked like it could be a torn ACL. Have to feel bad for him. A great combine and he could’ve potentially seen himself as a top 15 pick. Now he’ll have to hope that there’s no nerve damage or anything crazy to his knee... and even then, you’ve got to think this injury moves him into that mid- late 2nd round range with as deep as the OL talent is in this draft class.

If the injury isn’t too crazy, he should be a staple in Ravens drafts in the 2nd round from this point forth, heck... if the injury is bad enough, he might be a potential trade down (or up) in the 3rd round type of opportunity that allows us to stack picks while taking a potentially elite OL talent.

Obviously I’m not praying on his downfall, just saying, if it’s going to happen, I’d love for the Ravens to be the team to finally take advantage of his talent. He moves like a Ben Grubbs, but is easily more stout at the POC, does a great job at winning at the LOS.

Top 10 needs going into the draft and FA imo-

1. IOL- Still need a plus to elite piece in the middle of our OL. While serviceable, our interior remains far too JAG-ey. Can only get away with it for so long.

2. WR- A weapon opposite Hollywood is desperately needed. Could be smart to just flip our 1st for a proven playmaker like the Bills did with Diggs. It's beyond clear the missing ingredient to this offense is an Alpha dog at WR. I still believe in Marquise too, but get us another weapon and watch Lamar put up numbers.

3. EDGE- Yanny might be the only piece coming back and Jaylon Ferguson obviously isn't going to be the guy opposite him. Even if Ferg had flashed we'd still need some youthful depth at the position/rotation.

4. S- Elliot is young and improving, but we need that talented third option. It increases our overall defensive versatility and let's us use Chuck Clark to his strengths. Someone like Antoine Winfield Jr. last year would've been a perfect fit. Decent enough range and sure tackling ability.

5. DI- Madubuike is the only young option on the roster. We need to identify a talented running mate for him and the future. 

6. NCB/CB- A need every year. Despite our incredible depth we were still scraping the bottom of FA for starting options at one point. Time to invest more in the most important position within our defense. Tavon's career is quickly running away from him(unfortunately) and we need a stable and talented presence at NCB.

7. OT- We might not be able to retain the Stanley/Zeus duo and depth behind them isn't strong enough anyway. It needs to be addressed.

8. QB2- RGIII, Huntley, McSorley, none of them instill confidence. Getting someone at Tyrod's level would be great. That's no small task but maybe we could find someone with that kind of potential. Which I don't believe our current options have.

9. TE2/3- Boyle might not be here long term, and TE depth means more to us than other teams for sure.

10. HB- Ingram is guaranteed gone this offseason. Edwards will be tendered and retained through the 2021 season. So the Dobbins-Edwards-Hill train will keep rolling but we'll need that 4th body the team wants at HB during the Lamar era. I'll anticipate a strong UDFA RB class for us with a war for that final spot. Similar to the Mark Thompson, De'Lance Turner, Gus Edwards battle from a couple years back.

----------------------------------

Sleeper: P- Don't think it happens this offseason, but the day is approaching when the coaches will start to sniff out Koch's heir at the position. He'll be 39 in August. Only 9 Punters have ever lasted or continued playing past 40. Then again since Lamar has showed up we really don't punt all that much. So his career has likely been extended a bit. Will be a sad day when the wolfpack loses a pair of it's fangs though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

An easy and early prediction is Rashod Bateman being mocked to us 80000 times this offseason.

Sheeeeeeet I'd draft Bateman AND sign Allen Robinson this offseason. Go for broke there - it's clearly the one position holding us back from our ultimate potential.

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Sheeeeeeet I'd draft Bateman AND sign Allen Robinson this offseason. Go for broke there - it's clearly the one position holding us back from our ultimate potential.

Jesus. As Ravens fans I don't know if we could survive consistently seeing multiple WRs open on passing plays. It might induce mass epileptic seizures. 

Can't imagine what A-Rob's price tag will be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Jesus. As Ravens fans I don't know if we could survive consistently seeing multiple WRs open on passing plays. It might induce mass epileptic seizures. 

Can't imagine what A-Rob's price tag will be.

Hoping mayyyyyybe him picking the fat contract with the Bears over the offer from the Packers 3 years ago just might sway him to sign with a contender for less than going to say the Jets for more $

Not banking on it though

I mean honestly guys, with the way Mekari looks at RG right now, is IOL really that big of a need for us? Our biggest weakness right now is RT, which will likely be resolved once Stanley comes back and we move Zeus back to RT. I think OT will be a bigger need because Zeus probably ain't gonna want to be a RT for us and Trye Phillips is trash.

I do think WR is our #1 need, and TE2 for that matter. Then, if you turn to the defense it's clearly pass rush. Yannick hasn't done squat for us this year, which is disappointing.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean honestly guys, with the way Mekari looks at RG right now, is IOL really that big of a need for us? Our biggest weakness right now is RT, which will likely be resolved once Stanley comes back and we move Zeus back to RT. I think OT will be a bigger need because Zeus probably ain't gonna want to be a RT for us and Trye Phillips is trash.

I do think WR is our #1 need, and TE2 for that matter. Then, if you turn to the defense it's clearly pass rush. Yannick hasn't done squat for us this year, which is disappointing.

They way they've played the past 8 weeks once they've settled in I'm honestly not that worried about the IOL. I could see a C or G in rounds 4/5 but I would be just fine with our opening day OL next year being

Stanley-Bozeman-Mekari-Powers-Brown

with our interior OL depth being TCC/Bredeson/draft pick/Skura

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think you mean Powers, right? Mekari is at C.

Our system can take some lesser pieces and make it work so to speak, but at this point none of Bozeman, Mekari, Powers, and certainly not Skura are what I would consider 'plus' talents on the interior. And often times a line is only as good as the sum of it's parts. I mean some of our bigger recent losses are marked with the distinct failure/collapse of our interior offensive line. Roman won't be here forever either, and he's obviously been a big factor in getting the most out of these guys. Adding high end pieces to your offensive line is never a bad strategy. While I don't think demanding another KO/Yanda level duo is necessary or even possible, I do think an investment is really needed in that area. 

All that said, I'm perfectly willing to concede that WR can be our top need. I mean when we're dropping 200 and even f'n 300 yard rushing games, clearly the line can make it work. Adding a top flight WR to this roster would absolutely make more waves than getting slightly better IOL play, that's 100% true. 

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

IDK Yannick has been CMs away from like 9 Sack fumbles. I like a lot of what I've seen from him. His pressure rate is way up with us(13.6%) compared to his stint with the Vikings(9.7%) and he's played through some injury issues. 

This postseason he could be a major factor as we play pass centric teams like the Bills, then possible the Chiefs and Packers too.

At only 25 he represents the best shot we'll have at a top flight pass rusher, which is why we traded for him and why I think he'll be retained. Give it time and you should settle down on him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

I think you mean Powers, right? Mekari is at C.

Our system can take some lesser pieces and make it work so to speak, but at this point none of Bozeman, Mekari, Powers, and certainly not Skura are what I would consider 'plus' talents on the interior. And often times a line is only as good as the sum of it's parts. I mean some of our bigger recent losses are marked with the distinct failure/collapse of our interior offensive line. Roman won't be here forever either, and he's obviously been a big factor in getting the most out of these guys. Adding high end pieces to your offensive line is never a bad strategy. While I don't think demanding another KO/Yanda level duo is necessary or even possible, I do think an investment is really needed in that area. 

All that said, I'm perfectly willing to concede that WR can be our top need. I mean when we're dropping 200 and even f'n 300 yard rushing games, clearly the line can make it work. Adding a top flight WR to this roster would absolutely make more waves than getting slightly better IOL play, that's 100% true. 

IDK Yannick has been CMs away from like 9 Sack fumbles. I like a lot of what I've seen from him. His pressure rate is way up with us(13.6%) compared to his stint with the Vikings(9.7%) and he's played through some injury issues. 

This postseason he could be a major factor as we play pass centric teams like the Bills, then possible the Chiefs and Packers too.

At only 25 he represents the best shot we'll have at a top flight pass rusher, which is why we traded for him and why I think he'll be retained. Give it time and you should settle down on him.

Agree 10000000% on the OL. Our OL hasn't been good at all in our 3 playoff games and in 2 of those games they've been out right bad. For defense, all positions but ILB are on the board for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Interesting. I wonder, with us is he playing more stand up edge as opposed to a traditional DE. Could explain a faster get off

Hmm, I don't really recall an abundance or increased amount of 2 point/standing looks for him with us. I think he's given a lot of free reign on rushing downs too, so it's up to him.

He's rushed standing up plenty for both the Jags and Vikings as well. Took a quick look at his highlights and there were plenty of 2 point stance sack in there.

Whatever the reason I'm certainly glad he's looking more like his old self. 🤷‍♂️ That's what we were hoping for when we traded for him, a return to that 2017/2018 form. We should see the Sacks flood in soon enough.