Chiefs sign Mahomes to 10 year extension

Hawkfan191

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

It’s sad that franchised fast food can’t be consistent even locally. There’s a Wendy’s nearby that’s absolute garbage. But the one near work is always fresh and fantastic. 

I just pray that the Whattaburger coming to KC is as good as what I had at the OG location and in Arkansas. 

The one in Olathe?  I’ve ate there twice and will never go back.   Only Wendy’s I’ve been to that didn’t have fresh food.

10 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Makes you wonder what this will do to the deals of Prescott among others?!

We'll talk about tacos then.

Just kidding... Dak and Deshaun Watson are probably both up next. Dak will come in lower than this, but I don't think it'll be lower than the franchise tag he's currently on.

Watson? Knowing BoB, he's going to find a loophole to get more. And we'll all laugh at BoB.

After that, Lamar Jackson is due. I don't see any other QB really banking that sort of money (Josh Allen, Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield might have to wait until the off-season of their 5th year to get their contract - this year and next year will be critical). Kyler Murray, if he can continue on his current trajectory, perhaps.

17 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I don't even know if the details of this contract can get him there, but anyone care to research how long Patrick has to play into this contract before he achieves the most earned money by an NFL player ever?

Idk how many years but the player who made the most in pure nfl cash was eli at just over 250mil. So yes lol. I would have to look at the yearly breakdown but he will make more somewhere.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

I don't even know if the details of this contract can get him there, but anyone care to research how long Patrick has to play into this contract before he achieves the most earned money by an NFL player ever?

Pretty sure if he hits the 2027 roster bonus he'll pass what Eli made. Though I think Rodgers, Brees, and Brady (and potentially others) could all pass Eli's career earnings by then. So it's hard to tell what the number will be at by then.

• Like 1