Chiefs sign Mahomes to 10 year extension

Hawkfan191

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Eagles weirdly enough might be looking smart getting Wentz done as early as they did.

In theory 10 years 50M AAV in new money. Dak's cost just went up (not more than Mahomes, but still higher)

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yes but Dak value went up now.  Also top paid QB doesn't mean your the best QB we have seen past 5 years.

Remember how people laughed at the thought of Dak getting 40 million a year? That might be realistic now if the rumors of ~10/500 in new money for Mahomes are true.

14 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Eagles weirdly enough might be looking smart getting Wentz done as early as they did.

Yeah true. I thought that the moment we did it and haven't understood why Dallas wasn't doing the same with Dak.

But, back to Mahomes I think this is a great deal for the Chiefs without seeing the actual contract details all come out. I just don't get taking a 10 year deal like that's too long, especially for a QB and someone who wants to maximize their money.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Remember how people laughed at the thought of Dak getting 40 million a year? That might be realistic now if the rumors of ~10/500 in new money for Mahomes are true.

And if this cap percentage happens for mahomes I'd expect it to happen for Dak. Cowboys have been pushing for a longer contract which Dak did not want so this might incentivize Dak to agree.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:
6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yes but Dak value went up now.  Also top paid QB doesn't mean your the best QB we have seen past 5 years.

Honestly I have to give Dak a lot of credit. Assuming Dallas really wants him as their future and they bend a bit more to his terms, then he could get a deal way better than what he would've expected a couple years ago. It would be great for the rest of the NFC East if it happened. Obviously the Cowboys having a bad QB would be even better though.