Chiefs sign Mahomes to 10 year extension

Hawkfan191

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Honestly I have to give Dak a lot of credit. Assuming Dallas really wants him as their future and they bend a bit more to his terms, then he could get a deal way better than what he would've expected a couple years ago. It would be great for the rest of the NFC East if it happened. Obviously the Cowboys having a bad QB would be even better though.

I have a feeling Dak walks or gets traded next off-season.

• Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:
3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Honestly I have to give Dak a lot of credit. Assuming Dallas really wants him as their future and they bend a bit more to his terms, then he could get a deal way better than what he would've expected a couple years ago. It would be great for the rest of the NFC East if it happened. Obviously the Cowboys having a bad QB would be even better though.

I have a feeling Dak walks or gets traded next off-season.

I guess I could see that too, but the only thing is the cap will probably go down a bit, especially if they can't have this season or don't have fans in the seats.

But, quarterbacks typically don't make it to be free agents though, so he will get paid handsomely like Cousins if he does.

• Like 1

Lol.  If he signed for 12% of the cap each year, Chiefs are a dynasty.

If he signed for more than 12% of the cap each year, Chiefs will never win another Super Bowl with Mahomes.

If it’s not tied to the salary cap, they’ll be legitimate competitors in years where Mahomes’ cap hit is 12% or lower than the salary cap.

1 minute ago, brushmyhair said:

I don't care how good he is, but he has to win KC at least 2 more SB's for this contract to be justified. I don't know the numbers, but it is probably astronomical. 

Not really they had no choice it's the price you pay when you have the best QB in the league. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
34 minutes ago, Siv said:

I’m not saying they’re related, but this news is coming days after it was announced he’s getting Whataburger to come to KC..

This is clearly the reason he signed.

How good is Whataburger on a scale of 1 to 10?