Which is a Better Movie: Infinity War or Endgame?

MKnight82

Which is better?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie is better?

• Infinity War
    • Endgame

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Then how could he promise the wizard guy that Tony wouldnt be taken in exchange for the stone?

And how come if Thanos had that same stone and could see all possibilities. He didnt just flash over and crush the van the ant guy was in to lock down the win? Basically the same thing Dr Evil joked about in Austin Powers during the sea bass with laser beams scene where Austin escaped. Scotts like, "I got a gun in my room. We can do this together."... Dr Evil: "No. Im just going to shut the doors and assume all goes to plan."

Thanos couldn't know, but Dr. Strange made a calculated gamble. He knew Stark had to be alive for them to win and knew it was a possibility that Stark wouldn't be snapped away based on the futures he looked into. Dr. Strange bargained for Tony's life in the moment, knowing if Thanos killed him then there was no shot of undoing anything/winning. He didn't get any guarantee that Tony wouldn't be snapped out of existence.

Different Thanos. Thanos also didn't have the stones during that fight. Thanos never used the Time Stone to look into the future. He was written as incredibly arrogant, so why would he need to worry about anyone beating him, especially after he'd already won? He had the stones and then was going to destroy them. On top of being arrogant and never thinking defeat was a possibility, like you said...why would he think time travel would even be a thing someone could accomplish without the Time Stone?

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, theJ said:

IW is the better movie.  It's just about perfect in every way.  If i'm reaching for a Marvel movie, i'm rewatching that one over Endgame almost every time.

I'm reaching for Infinity War first......and then watching Endgame right after :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

So you only watched the final 2 movies in a 23 movie series that spanned over a decade? That's no way to live life.

That'd be like starting Breaking Bad with the season 4 finale and then wondering why things don't make sense.

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So he could control he wouldnt take Tony. But not anyone else? Thats what made it seem he had control over the happening. Where did you get it was otherwise?

Thanos wasn't guaranteeing that Tony would survive the snap. He was only agreeing to let him live at that moment because he was about to kill him. Also, Doctor Strange looked into the future with the time stone, Thanos never did. As soon as he ended up with the time stone he went to Earth and executed his plan.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:
10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So he could control he wouldnt take Tony. But not anyone else? Thats what made it seem he had control over the happening. Where did you get it was otherwise?

Thanos wasn't guaranteeing that Tony would survive the snap. He was only agreeing to let him live at that moment because he was about to kill him. Also, Doctor Strange looked into the future with the time stone, Thanos never did. As soon as he ended up with the time stone he went to Earth and executed his plan.

The Strange knows the future piece gets breezed over so easily by people looking to poke holes. Strange knew that if he saved Tony in that moment on Titan that he would survive the snap because HE SAW IT HAPPEN. Thanos didn't necessarily spare him, or anyone else, on purpose and it isnt just  blind luck that Strange saved a guy that could have been snapped. HE KNEW WHO'D BE SNAPPED AND WHO WOULDNT.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Thanos couldn't know, but Dr. Strange made a calculated gamble. He knew Stark had to be alive for them to win and knew it was a possibility that Stark wouldn't be snapped away based on the futures he looked into. Dr. Strange bargained for Tony's life in the moment, knowing if Thanos killed him then there was no shot of undoing anything/winning. He didn't get any guarantee that Tony wouldn't be snapped out of existence.

Different Thanos. Thanos also didn't have the stones during that fight. Thanos never used the Time Stone to look into the future. He was written as incredibly arrogant, so why would he need to worry about anyone beating him, especially after he'd already won? He had the stones and then was going to destroy them. On top of being arrogant and never thinking defeat was a possibility, like you said...why would he think time travel would even be a thing someone could accomplish without the Time Stone?

My assumption with Thanos getting the stones is that there's a bit of a learning curve that Strange didn't have.  Plus Strange seemed to be sitting there meditating for a long time looking at all the possible outcomes, and Thanos was in a hurry once he knew people were trying to stop him.

That and he seemed to avoid using the stones for the most part.  Same reason he destroyed them at the beginning of EG: the stones are powerful, and he knew that they shouldn't be used unless they really needed to be.  It was pretty central to his character.

Another take on it (at least as far as why he didn't just kill Tony or anyone else) was that Thanos wasn't specifically trying to kill Stark or Strange, or any of that.  The directors said that's why Thanos suddenly seems a lot tougher to defeat in the second movie, because he's actually not trying to use lethal force on the Avengers in IW, he just needs them out of his way so he can get what he wants.  By EG, he's realized that the Avengers are a legitimate threat that will continue to find ways to resist him, so his only option is to wipe them out.

18 hours ago, Daniel said:

Then I guess that makes it a little cringey again.

It was a little forced but it's crazy how it bothers so many ppl.  Doesn't anyone in here have daughters, nieces, sisters, etc?  I know my nieces were over the moon to see female superheroes representing.  It's hypocritical to love other fan service moments but not moments like this.

Edited by thrILL!

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It was a little forced but it's crazy how it bothers so many ppl.  Doesn't anyone in here have daughters, nieces, sisters, etc?  I know my nieces were over the moon to see female superheroes representing.  It's hypocritical to love other fan service moments but not moments like this.

It would've been cooler and made more sense if the Gauntlet was with someone like Gamora. It's whatever for me though. I don't care much either way.

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It bothers me because it's gratuitous.  I'm all for representation of every kind, but squeezing it into one scene makes it feel more like they're ticking boxes than anything more meaningful.  And like it's been said before, Captain Marvel doesn't need help, the only Avengers close to her power level are Thor and Hulk.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It would've been cooler and made more sense if the Gauntlet was with someone like Gamora. It's whatever for me though. I don't care much either way.

It would've been even cooler if Captain Marvel just flew off-world with the IG. Thanos' ship was destroyed and he had no way to pursue her.  If she had, Tony would still be alive.  Instead we got this lame "pass the IG from hero to hero" sequence and even then, Thanos still got the gauntlet.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

It bothers me because it's gratuitous.  I'm all for representation of every kind, but squeezing it into one scene makes it feel more like they're ticking boxes than anything more meaningful.  And like it's been said before, Captain Marvel doesn't need help, the only Avengers close to her power level are Thor and Hulk.

The whole scene was gratuitous.  Imagine Thanos and his army stopping from fighting to watch all these portals open and ppl walk through them.  That's a zillion times more ridiculous than a bunch of female superheroes regrouping together.