Which is a Better Movie: Infinity War or Endgame?

MKnight82

Which is better?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie is better?

• Infinity War
    • Endgame

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I guess you haven't seen any of the DC movies.  Or the Schumacher Batmans.  Or the first Spiderman reboot, or Age of Apocalypse, or...

Someone told me that was a reference to a comic book cover that had all the female Avengers on it, and they posed them the same or something, which if true, makes it waaaaaay less cringey.

I avoid all superhero movies like the plague. But did check some of these 2 out with the kids.

And must say. While I didnt like IW as a whole. The last quarter of the movie really set it up to where I actually wanted to see the carryover happenings. Then in EG random overpowered girl comes from nowhere. And Thanos somehow leaves the perfect team alive to take him out. Whys he even leave guys like Hulk and Thor roaming around? Good grief. And when all seemed lost, "Lets just out the blue invent time travel!" Stuff like that repeatedly through the entire movie.

8 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I avoid all superhero movies like the plague. But did check some of these 2 out with the kids.

And must say. While I didnt like IW as a whole. The last quarter of the movie really set it up to where I actually wanted to see the carryover happenings. Then in EG random overpowered girl comes from nowhere. And Thanos somehow leaves the perfect team alive to take him out. Whys he even leave guys like Hulk and Thor roaming around? Good grief. And when all seemed lost, "Lets just out the blue invent time travel!" Stuff like that repeatedly through the entire movie.

He didn't choose who died, he snapped half the universe out of existence. 

You don't choose what cards you get in blackjack why would Thanos? 

46 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So you only watched the final 2 movies in a 23 movie series that spanned over a decade? That's no way to live life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I guess you haven't seen any of the DC movies.  Or the Schumacher Batmans.  Or the first Spiderman reboot, or Age of Apocalypse, or...

Someone told me that was a reference to a comic book cover that had all the female Avengers on it, and they posed them the same or something, which if true, makes it waaaaaay less cringey.

I don’t care.  Still cringey AF.  I don’t hate that they did it.  I totally get they wanted to shout out to all the female characters, but everything about it was cringe overload.  The most cringe aspect about it was, “Lol, she’ll have help.”

Literally the one character who didn’t need help.

It is literally solved simply by passing the gauntlet on to literally any other female character and then having the rest of them help, but the one character in the entire MCU that doesn’t need help is the one they wanted to give that moment to.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

not according the directors or the screenwriters who have talked about the scene in multiple interviews. Also, pretty avid comic reader and I am not sure what cover that would be...

Then I guess that makes it a little cringey again.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t care.  Still cringey AF.  I don’t hate that they did it.  I totally get they wanted to shout out to all the female characters, but everything about it was cringe overload.  The most cringe aspect about it was, “Lol, she’ll have help.”

Literally the one character who didn’t need help.

It is literally solved simply by passing the gauntlet on to literally any other female character and then having the rest of them help, but the one character in the entire MCU that doesn’t need help is the one they wanted to give that moment to.

yeah that moment should have come earlier.

Marvel could have been saved for a deux ex machina

4 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

The "random" snap just happens to leave all of the original Avengers alive.  The writers did stack the deck on this one.  

4 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Then how could he promise the wizard guy that Tony wouldnt be taken in exchange for the stone?

And how come if Thanos had that same stone and could see all possibilities. He didnt just flash over and crush the van the ant guy was in to lock down the win? Basically the same thing Dr Evil joked about in Austin Powers during the sea bass with laser beams scene where Austin escaped. Scotts like, "I got a gun in my room. We can do this together."... Dr Evil: "No. Im just going to shut the doors and assume all goes to plan."

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The "random" snap just happens to leave all of the original Avengers alive.  The writers did stack the deck on this one.  

It's random in universe, meta wise we all know why the OG avegers survived. 

24 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Then how could he promise the wizard guy that Tony wouldnt be taken in exchange for the stone?

And how come if Thanos had that same stone and could see all possibilities. He didnt just flash over and crush the van the ant guy was in to lock down the win? Basically the same thing Dr Evil joked about in Austin Powers during the sea bass with laser beams scene where Austin escaped. Scotts like, "I got a gun in my room. We can do this together."... Dr Evil: "No. Im just going to shut the doors and assume all goes to plan."

The same reason every movie ends with the good guys winning, it was always gonna end that way.

You'd have to ask the writers who are on probably still on vacation until the next avengers/small project they're doing is up. 

38 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

The same reason every movie ends with the good guys winning, it was always gonna end that way.

You'd have to ask the writers who are on probably still on vacation until the next avengers/small project they're doing is up. 

So he could control he wouldnt take Tony. But not anyone else? Thats what made it seem he had control over the happening. Where did you get it was otherwise?

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So he could control he wouldnt take Tony. But not anyone else? Thats what made it seem he had control over the happening. Where did you get it was otherwise?

There's a couple interviews with Thano's snap being random from the directors, I'd dig through the thousands of "WHO SURVIVED INFINTIY OMG" click-bait headlines from 2 years ago but effort. 

I mean it's all ******* headcanon who cares really.