Around the League 2020

Bobby816

28 minutes ago, xrade said:

This is a contract that will bite KC in the ***. But time will tell. 

I'd pay any QB that won a SB for the Jets the same just as a thank you. QBs affect a team's ability to win a championship more than any position, so it's probably the one you want to be the least stingy with. If you have a 24 year old MVP, SB MVP, and SB Winner as your QB, you give that man the bag.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, xrade said:

This is a contract that will bite KC in the ***. But time will tell. 

I don't know $50 million in 2031 could be a steal. New TV contract, rising salary cap (next year aside), still relatively young.

Mahomes is the only QB in the league I really fear. When he admitted to not knowing how to read defenses until the season before last, I realized he's eventually going to become the greatest. He was out there winging it, breaking records, and throwing no-look passes without knowing where the defenses will be. That's insane.  The contract is crazy now, but those his annual salary will be pretty normal for top QBs 3-4 years from now. 

The interesting thing on how Mahomes’ contract can help the Jets is this. Mahomes has a 10yr deal at like 475mill. Can be worth more with clauses and such. The interesting part is that this is a 10yr extension. This deal is after his 5th year option. Now where I am kinda clueless on this is that he’s due like 65mill at signing. Is that now? Bc he signed the deal now? Or is it in 2022 when this contract actually starts?

This can help the Jets in negotiations with Adams if it pushes paying him until 2022 like this. 

As good as Mahomes is, 10 years is a long time to commit to any player.  All I am saying is ask Chiefs fans in 7-10 years if the contract is worth it.  Maybe it will be and Mahomes will buck the odds, but long term contracts like that in any sport rarely work out.